floor&trunk pans

Since I had no other options - I bought C2C trunk floor extensions and trunk floor. The beads are not as deep as the original and they had to be tweaked to fit, but the metal is thick. Overall I was pleased with results. I can take pics if needed.
Regarding quarter panel skins, or even lower halves - THERE ARE NONE good quality panels... I found a company in Canada that makes them (they have multiple listings on Ebay). I called them, they make them by hand forming/bending (they prefer not to tell about it). I ordered a set - what a POS those are... Thin metal, the shape is completely off, creases in the middle of the panel... I ended up ordering sheet metal and making them myself with more satisfying results.

Since I will shortly be in the same situation as you were... did you gauge the original metal in the rear quarters? My shop guy dropped an estimate it's 1.25 mm (about 1/20"). Would that be about correct?

I used 20 Gauge sheet, which is roughly 1 mm thick - that is plenty. 1.25 mm would be tough to work with, especially if it is cold rolled steel.
I remember when I was restoring my 1949 Victory the sheet metal was 1.2 mm cold rolled steel - it was quite thick and shaping it was more complicate.

I have the lower quarter patches at home in a box. I will in box them this weekend.

I'll post pictures of what my car looks like now too in the thread I have about it somewhere. could link it here

must shield the eyes of small children... its bad.

I did call A M D about panels for "C" body's and they told me there just wasn't the market for it. Maybe if we all wrote to them at once.

Back