Flushing the A/C system.

Newp

Reaction score
Any ideas, tips, or tricks?

I used this flush. It worked pretty good. I got it at Advance Auto Parts. Just make sure you don't have the receiver/drier hooked up and use plenty of air to blow the solution out after you use the flush.

[h=1]INTERDYNAMICS CA1 POWER CLEAN & FLUSH 17 OZ[/h]
65089.jpeg.ashx

I believe AutoZone has the exact same product behind the counter in the parts department.

I drained the old oil from my compressor and installed a new receiver dryer on the 300. Your factory service manual will show how to fab a dip stick for the compressor and how much oil to refill.
Then hook up a vaccuum pump. It should pull 12-15 inches of vaccuum. Evacuate the system for at least half a day to remove any moisture, then close the valve and let stand for another half day with the guage in place. If it holds a vaccuum for that time your ready for a freon charge.

The A/C worked excellent Saturday. Then suddenly stop cooling, The clutch engages, compressor runs for about 5 seconds then the clutch disengages. The low side pressure is around 25 p.s.i and the high side is 100. If left cycling the hoses and expansion valve will feel cool and condensation forms. I think have some major crap circulating inside the system. I removed the expansion valve to find it blocked, with what i believe to be the ''inurds'' of the receiver/dryer.

Yep, flush, a new H-Block, receiver/drier, vac and recharge.

But, you already know that.

Back