Foot switch question

The Imp

Reaction score
Mornin' All,

This may be a dumb question, But I can,t come up with the answer. There are two foot switches on my "68" Imp. The top one is the dimmer switch but what the heck does the lower one do? Thanks for the help.

Hey thanks, the '67 Imperial sedan I just picked up has the 2nd floor switch, but the radio is missing. Now I know.

It was available for the am radios as well, my '67 has it.

That's cool......hands free technology 50 years ago.
I was about to say your car has it and then I remembered your car came with the CB.

I need a confirmation from you guys. Did the Touchtuner switch have a grommet in the carpeting or did they slice an X in it?

Mine had a grommet and I'm sure the carpet was original.

My car (all original) had an X cut.
My car was one of the first NYB's to get the disco'd Imp. treatment. I have found a zillion things on it that ain't Kosher. It's as if the Imp line workers came into work one morning and were told they were now making New Yorkers with no advance warning.

My car (all original) had an X cut.
My car was one of the first NYB's to get the disco'd Imp. treatment. I have found a zillion things on it that ain't Kosher. It's as if the Imp line workers came into work one morning and were told they were now making New Yorkers with no advance warning.

Stan, does your NYB have a power front passenger seat?

Yes. And manual recliner.

My 67 300 had buckets and buddy seat, manual recliner on pass seat only, and the pass seat had a head rest and the drivers didn't. Is that common on the higher end C bodies or did the old guy I bought special order it LOL? It was a sub 70K car and I bought it from the guy who ordered it. All original so wasn't swapped around.

, and the pass seat had a head rest and the drivers didn't. Is that common on the higher end C bodies or did the old guy I bought special order it LOL? It was a sub 70K car and I bought it from the guy who ordered it. All original so wasn't swapped around.
Yep, that was a strange quirk from the factory. I think it seems strange to us because we look at the headrest as a safety feature. I thing their reasoning back then the head rest was just that, a HEAD REST for the recliner....

Yep, that was a strange quirk from the factory. I think it seems strange to us because we look at the headrest as a safety feature. I thing their reasoning back then the head rest was just that, a HEAD REST for the recliner....

Thanks Stan it made sense because if you laid it down the headrest kept your head level instead of laying back over the seat but I thought the orig owner had ordered both options, recliner and headrest specifically for only the pass seat. I didn't know it was kind of common.

I've been told that 2 out 10 Formal NYB's had a power passenger seat. Not that many had them. The 1977 passenger seat that went into my 1978 didn't have power so we had to transfer the whole motor assembly from my old seat to the new one. The motors on the driver seat was a little slow so we had to change that one too.

Back