WANTED For 1971 Chrysler New Yorker / Right hand outside mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorMopar

Reaction score
Contact seller
I need a nice right hand manual (pass. side mirror) for a 71 Chrysler New Yorker. Mirrors from 69-73 Chrysler will also fit. Mirror shown is a left hand side. Picture shows what type mirror I need.

1971 chrysler speil.jpg

1971 chrysler speil 2.jpg

Last edited:
dont think you can use fury mirrors, definitely not the 69 & 70 fury mirrors, they are round not squared like the 71 chrysler.
and they all sit on a different spot where the contours of the door are different so it wont sit on the right angle for your car.
i think the 71 to 73 mirror fury mirrors also have a different "leg" / base in order to sit on the differently contoured door than the 71 chrysler so use a chrysler mirror and not a fury one.

Yes, I think you're into a 71-73 Chrysler or Imperial mirror.

Definitely not 69-70 (round vs square as mentioned and as per pics below)

1969-70:
images.jpg

1971-73 (this is a pic of the Formal mirror, but it's the top mirror head that is the same as 71-73...pedestal is different on Fuseys):
s-l225.jpg

Not sure if Dodge/ Plymouth were the same...especially since most Fury and Monaco/ Polaras only had the drivers side it seems.

Now I'm curious...can anyone verify that for sure?

Last edited:
Yes, I think you're into a 71-73 Chrysler or Imperial mirror.

Definitely not 69-70 (round vs square as mentioned and as per pics below)

1969-70:
View attachment 314139

1971-73 (this is a pic of the Formal mirror, but it's the top mirror head that is the same as 71-73...pedestal is different on Fuseys):
View attachment 314140

Not sure if Dodge/ Plymouth were the same...especially since most Fury and Monaco/ Polaras only had the drivers side it seems.

Now I'm curious...can anyone verify that for sure?

Thanks for info.

For remote control mirrors, which were rectangular from 1971 - 73, the Dodge and Chrysler mirrors were the same, and Plymouth was different due to body side differences as noted above. But for manual, rectangular mirrors, the Plymouth, Dodge, and Chrysler mirrors were all the same. The right side manual mirror you are seeking is p/n 3586653 and is available only from AMS Obsolete as far as I can tell. They are usually expensive from that supplier because they usually are the only supplier to have the most difficult to find parts.

I am a little confused about that part number ending in an odd digit, which usually means it is for the left side, but that is an odd last digit that specifies a right side manual mirror in the parts catalog. So check with AMS to be sure that number is for the right side if you decide to get one from them.

What is the part number on the package for your left side mirror? Is it 3586648? If so, then the parts book must be correct but does not conform to the usual norm in this case.

Last edited:
I need a nice right hand manual (pass. side mirror) for a 71 Chrysler New Yorker. Mirrors from 69-73 Chrysler will also fit. Mirror shown is a left hand side. Picture shows what type mirror I need.

#3586653 - I have one, actually 2 of these mirrors, NOS in the box. $150.00 + shipping.

Hi
I have gotten all your emails including the pictures. For some reason I can`t send a reply back. Do you have your mailbox blocked for worldwide ?
I will get back to you regarding the mirror.

----------------------NorMoPar

Hi
I have gotten all your emails including the pictures. For some reason I can`t send a reply back. Do you have your mailbox blocked for worldwide ?
I will get back to you regarding the mirror.

----------------------NorMoPar
No. I get emails regularly from others in Europe including today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back