NOT MINE For Sale: [Not Mine] 1974 Chrysler Imperial in TN - Tays Auctions

Wow. Thats looks nice and well cared for. I hope it goes to a good home.
w16-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ton of good pics. Looks pretty clean inside, out, good roof, etc.

FLW 8B.png
w16-30.jpg
w16-18.jpg

Anyone interested could go to the OP's link at get better looks. No underside tho.

1678221375602.png
1678221402995.png
1678221423125.png
1678221438771.png
1678221454140.png

You also get a Kenny Rogers 8-track and a pair of Vice-Grips.

I think I came across this on another site, (been trying to find it again but can't), same color/miles, description said the heat/A/C and radio don't work.

LOVE that color…

Auction count is $3100 w/ 6 days to go. I’ll be watching this one..
I'm mulling this one around, somewhat. Love the colors...and the vent windows!
Me too, but I am definitely NOT a buyer. "T5' says "Sienna Metallic". I guess .. Not matter what I like that color. . Hope it finds a good home.

There was (is?) one up here (Dearborn, Gateway) that body color .. really pops. I like the lighter interior/roof on it better tho,

92943645.jpg

T5 for Chrysler was Sienna Metallic in the '70s, and Turbine Bronze Metallic in the '60s. Dodge had T5 as Burnt Orange Metallic, at least in '69 (my old '69 Dart GTS 440 car).

That is the very thing that keeps me from bidding on that. Probably a $2K fix. Or more.
Know less then nothing about these systems except what i read here. Can they be fixed ? Read some post's here where some members got them to work. Like the car but the HVAC not working is also a no go for me also.

The underhood module/valve that is usually the fail point has not been available from Chrysler or Mercedes for quite a few years. The was a company making an improved version of that module/valve (CAM???) might still be available, but I don't know the source. Looks like someone eliminated the valve altogether, which is why there is no heat or air.

Someone will certainly pipe up on who makes (or made) the aftermarket valve. It was a great solution to the crappy factory unit, to be sure.

w16-59.jpg

Hi Imperial fans,

I stumbled on this ad from an auction house that appears to do mostly farm equipment. Maybe it's a good deal for someone in our community.
cheer,

1974 Chrysler Imperial Vin# YM43T4C198345
that is a beautiful car. If I had not just purchased a 1974 Crown Coupe on BAT, I would certainly be interested in this nice looking car.

The underhood module/valve that is usually the fail point has not been available from Chrysler or Mercedes for quite a few years. The was a company making an improved version of that module/valve (CAM???) might still be available, but I don't know the source. Looks like someone eliminated the valve altogether, which is why there is no heat or air.

Someone will certainly pipe up on who makes (or made) the aftermarket valve. It was a great solution to the crappy factory unit, to be sure.

View attachment 586047
Incorrect. You're thinking of the earlier style ATC from 69-73 I think it was. Those years had the plastic underhood unit which was later used by Mercedes but that was metal I think.

I could be wrong on the exact years but the main thing is the formals had a different style ATC. The control unit was moved from under the hood to inside the heater box. I can imagine that made it less likely to fail.

That ATC can easily be converted to manual controls so I see no reason it can't be fixed.

Me too, but I am definitely NOT a buyer. "T5' says "Sienna Metallic". I guess .. Not matter what I like that color. . Hope it finds a good home.

There was (is?) one up here (Dearborn, Gateway) that body color .. really pops. I like the lighter interior/roof on it better tho,

View attachment 585884
That is a beautiful car The last time I looked at it, the price was in the upper $20's. Likely too high for most of us to justify. I see the accented wheels Did they actually offer them for Imperial in 74 - 75 or did they not offer them from the factory until 76. I know my grandmother's 76 NYB had them (without the paint enhancement).

Hi Imperial fans,

I stumbled on this ad from an auction house that appears to do mostly farm equipment. Maybe it's a good deal for someone in our community.
cheer,

1974 Chrysler Imperial Vin# YM43T4C198345
not sure the absolute auction site it is on is ideal for attracting the most classic car buyers. Should be on Hemmings make an offer or BAT site to get more attention. Shame if it goes to someone who will not appreciate it for its rarity

Back