For The Fomal Lovers

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not mine. Low miles (32K) but high price ($10K). Looks decent except for the wheels:

1976 newyorker

01717_ahdKo8R1uWR_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_iegER1GyNqO_1200x900.jpg

Hey Steve: Not to complain but I think this add should be on C bodies for sale". This looks pretty good and I saw the car about 3 years ago. Way overpriced!

I will never understand how/why if you're trying to sell a vehicle that's in "excellent condition", not even throw at a minimum a lousy 50 cent piece of a carpet remnant on the floor to preserve the carpet?

Hey Steve: Not to complain but I think this add should be on C bodies for sale". This looks pretty good and I saw the car about 3 years ago. Way overpriced!
I never post cars I’m not selling personally in the classifieds, I usually put them in General discussion.
Nice color on this one.

Wonder if the buyer might be offended by "How much if you keep those wheels? I'll bring mine." AND how much it might decrease the selling price?

CBODY67

It is obvious that this guy will be impossible to deal with at his price so I myself would just pass this one by.

^^ He is extremely difficult to deal with....I tried about 4 years ago and he's only 2 hrs. from here!

Yes.... He has a huge Farming operation outside of Cedar Rapids, Iowa! I saw the car 4 years ago and he over paid for this thing and as all these guys do realize they never wanted the car to begin with and figure "well, I will make a few Bucks off it so I can't lose"! Just my opinion anyway!

The ad is long gone and I haven't seen it relisted since.

It's still for sale I'd bet on it! I've met the guy and he really thinks this car is 10 Grand.... He'll Never see it and after seeing the car and talking to him....I don't care!

It's still for sale I'd bet on it! I've met the guy and he really thinks this car is 10 Grand.... He'll Never see it and after seeing the car and talking to him....I don't care!
You're a better man than I... when the price starts that stupid, I know I'll only get annoyed trying to communicate... I don't speak "flipper" or "idiot" very well...

^^ I've always been curious about folks that have far out ideas about stuff so in a case like this guy and his car I wonder why he thinks it is worth so much. On this particular car, it is in nice condition but the white leather (which I hate) is a little marked up

I try to be reasonable when talking to people trying to flip Formals when the condition and value doesn't add up. I can tell in 2 minutes if they are a real car guy or just an idiot trying to fleece people. Some just don't know better and think they have a gold mine when it's really a $2500 car and then you have those other people.

I try to be reasonable when talking to people trying to flip Formals when the condition and value doesn't add up. I can tell in 2 minutes if they are a real car guy or just an idiot trying to fleece people. Some just don't know better and think they have a gold mine when it's really a $2500 car and then you have those other people.
Formals have been the poster child for how not to invest in a collector car since 1978 AFAIAC. A bunch were bought on early speculation as the "last full sized Chrysler"... but those owners have had to face reality (or their heirs) and sell off. Now too many ignorant folks think they've found a rare collectible, but fail to understand that the value is not keeping up with a 59 caddy... so they overpay or try to make it an investment... then they seem to doom the car when they are disappointed.

I've always been curious about folks that have far out ideas about stuff so in a case like this guy and his car I wonder why he thinks it is worth so much.
I came across a Newport 440 Fusie near me and the guy wanted an unbelievable, obscene, amount.
So, I called him to try and understand this phenomenon.
I asked him how he arrived at his selling price.
His response was that he researched eBay and saw that GTX's, Barracudas, etc, with 440's "just like his" were going for that.
:BangHead:

Back