For the Fusey Imperial Lovers

Megawattkid

Reaction score
I got a call recently asking if I was still looking for an Imperial. '73, 65k miles, New Mexico car, one of the nicest Imperials I've seen. B5 blue, repainted a few years ago, but done very well. I'd love to have it, my wife, not so much. Maybe if I promised to sell one of the other cars... sorry about the pictures, it wasn't a good spot or time of day to be taking them.

20180605_211128.jpg

20180605_184644.jpg

20180605_184750.jpg

Well, I haven't given up on potentially being the new owner just yet... the price is reasonable. I'm going to sleep on it. dang these cars...

Let's go in as partners! ANYTHING to keep it out of Doc's Garage! All kidding aside, I'd like to consider any deal with you to secure and purchase this car; together if need be. Please contact me.

That Imperial looks very nice indeed. Can you tell us what the asking price is?

I bet it has power vents!:thumbsup:

Let's go in as partners! ANYTHING to keep it out of Doc's Garage! All kidding aside, I'd like to consider any deal with you to secure and purchase this car; together if need be. Please contact me.
This sounds like a SharkTank deal between Mark Cuban and Mr. Wonderful.

I respectfully disagree.

Respectfully noted. Great color on a Super Bee, maybe a 300, or an 80s IROC Camaro. Wrong color for a luxury car, damages the brand. (Of course Chrysler did so much to mis-manage its brands back then that color hardly mattered.)

Respectfully noted. Great color on a Super Bee, maybe a 300, or an 80s IROC Camaro. Wrong color for a luxury car, damages the brand. (Of course Chrysler did so much to mis-manage its brands back then that color hardly mattered.)
I like the B5 Carmine...and I hope Megawattkid gets it...love to see more pics...what's your take on Tawny Gold on an Imperial since we're kinda discussing Imperial colors.
Resized_20180602_180450_7839.jpeg

Just one more pic for now, I guess I was distracted by several other significant cars there and couldn't focus on the Imperial is the only excuse I have for such lousy pictures.
upload_2018-6-6_8-17-41.png

I like the B5 Carmine...and I hope Megawattkid gets it...love to see more pics...what's your take on Tawny Gold on an Imperial since we're kinda discussing Imperial colors.
View attachment 190015

Absolutely appropriate Imperial color.

Understand, it's not that I don't like the car or the color. And 45 years later, nothing could be less relevant. But do you know why you could not get hi-impact colors on an Imperial? Because few buying a $8000 car in '73 wanted that image. Just like I can't get a new 300C in Header Orange. B5 is bright enough that it should have been prohibited.

Btw, the pastels they offered back them (of which I've owned one of each) are a bit different. And most luxury cars have always offered a bright red, because it's a "thing".

In summary,the car looks nice but Imperial already had issues with being too close to less-expensive Chryler products. This car's colors didn't help. Even the interior color is cribbed form the rest of the Chrysler line. A nice, navy blue would have been attractive and more fitting with its competitors.

Last edited:
Back