For you long roof fans - a red headed step child.

Polara_500

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Not Mine!! An upcoming auction near here. Not Mine!!
Jimmie(JC)CoauetteEstate,ShirleyCoauetteOwner,EndsMay21st6pm | McMullen Auctioneers

upload_2020-5-12_9-6-48.png

upload_2020-5-12_9-8-1.png

upload_2020-5-12_9-10-25.png

upload_2020-5-12_9-10-59.png

A little rough round the edges but overall looks pretty decent.

VERY high optioned for a Rambler wagon - V8 with power windows & AC, can't tell if the AC is factory, though. Didn't know these had push button trans...…..

Didn't know these had push button trans...…..
Yes 1958 and 59 had them .
Operated similar to the Chrysler push button but AMC used Borg-Warner automatic transmissions.
Very reliable cars and were good sellers when new.

the a/c is factory.
Nash had single unit a/c & heating starting in 1954 , (which is the whats used today), other companies had separate heat & a/c units which is why the a/c units in alot of cars back then were in the trunk - Nash was the 1st to do so because Nash was the automotive division of Nash-Kelvinator.
Kelvinator being a home appliance company (ice boxes which evolved into refrigerators) started in 1914 that became known as Electrolux
the heating systems introduced by nash in 1938 became the standard used.

This one has a roof rack, however didn't some of these models come with the neat sliding roof option? Where it slides forward, so there is sort of a pickup bed in the back? The GMC Envoy copied that design about 15 years ago, a rarely seen model. I would imagine it's predecessor is rarer yet!

Thanks Mark! I was off by a bit, or alot. Both oddballs! And heck, it even has a step incorporated into the tailgate! I thought ford "invented" that just a few years ago!

[QUOTE="3C's & a D?, it even has a step incorporated into the tailgate! I thought ford "invented" that just a few years ago![/QUOTE]

Not much new in the auto industry, just updated ways to do it.

This one has a roof rack, however didn't some of these models come with the neat sliding roof option? Where it slides forward, so there is sort of a pickup bed in the back? The GMC Envoy copied that design about 15 years ago, a rarely seen model. I would imagine it's predecessor is rarer yet!
Studebaker offered that. Don't remember Rambler ever doing so.

Back