Formal Vinyl Top Question

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I've been looking around for a vinyl top for my 1978 NY'er. It'll have to be replaced when I get the bodywork done. My question is about the vinyl top material. I'm pretty sure that the material or pattern is Tuxedo as pictured in the link is the same used on NY'ers. Does anyone know if this correct? Was the same material/pattern used on the Newport? And has anyone used this company's products or heard anything one way or another about them or their products?

http://www.newstalgiaparts.com/Part...ID=15498&PartID=33937&Make=Chrysler&Model=New Yorker&Year=1978&PartType=Vinyl Top

Tuxedo[1].jpg

I believe it's the V848 Black.

Tuxedo[1].jpg

Last edited:
Nope, Correct grain for 74-78 C bodies is "Levant" grain, Crown and St Regis included, sole exception was for 78 Salons that had "Elk" grain.

Levant.jpg

Nope, Correct grain for 74-78 C bodies is "Levant" grain, Crown and St Regis included, sole exception was for 78 Salons that had "Elk" grain.

Stunning, exactly the same structure as German GM of the era.

Now that I think of it, I've seen cars with the tuxedo grain and it wouldn't look right on a NY'er. I'm thinking of using the elk grain.

Things that bad for you Stan? Your humor is off. You have been walking into a battle of wits completely unarmed the past couple of days.

In no mood to enter any battles, including wits. Those are my replies for good or bad.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Back