Forward Look dealer display

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
forward look display 1.jpg
forward look display 2.jpg
forward look display 3.jpg
After years & years & years of searching I finally got lucky. (but not cheap lucky).
These lighted displays were used throughout the forward look era with the content changed out each model year up to 1961. Most everything was tossed away after that.
This box contains the full set of inserts, upholstery and paint sleeve for the 1959 Plymouth model year.
Several years ago I had obtained a full set for the 1961 models in case I ever found a display box. These are as rare as chicken lips, but I found one.

I'm afraid to risk shipping it so will pick it up at Carlisle in July. The seller lives near York and will be attending.

Love it! Congrats on the great score Will!:thumbsup:

I saw one in mid 90’s for $600 at an antique store, it had all goodies with it, was coolest thing I ever saw, but too much dough at that time. I never knew they were made and here it is sitting on the counter fully functional. I don’t recall what year the featured car was.

Last edited:
Several years ago, a friend found a similar display for the '61 Buicks. Color panels were inserted behind the template to give the customer an idea of what the different colors would look line on the car. Not quite as classy as your Plymouth display, though, but similar.

Congrats!
CBODY67

A Steven Juliano type of find.
He'd have said; Very trick!

:thumbsup:

I once sold a set of showroom banners to Steve. They were silvery silk with gold fringe at the bottom and from 1956 I believe. He paid up for them and was happy to get them, and I was sad to see them go.

Congrats Will!

Seems like a perfect display piece for when Virgil is finished. :thumbsup:

Back