Found another 71 SF

FK3 Sport Fury

Hoser in a toque
Reaction score
C33C7247-131A-4D77-9B18-49443AE76B46.jpeg
FCF20462-BD5E-4E0E-8863-DD99DC19440F.jpeg
87814654-7BF7-468A-8E26-CC29A2FEFBF1.jpeg
334F791E-B053-4A13-B08D-9B594DD012AA.jpeg
Thought I’d share another fusie rescued from the wild.This one looks to have sat since the late 70’s or early eighties going by the age of the tires and the ancient Atlas Red Brute battery that’s still hooked up.It appears to have boonie bashed for a bit before being abandoned in some woods in Northern Alberta where it sat for several decades before being hauled out by the previous owner.
Remarkably,very little is missing besides the front seat(??!!),rad,carb,and air cleaner.There are four bullet holes in one quarter panel but all the glass is intact and,amazingly,the black dash pad is perfect.The engine (383) turn over by hand so it might be reusable and it appears to have a lot of its original parts.

The car does have a few cool things going for it besides being a Sport Fury.Its a Y14 customer ordered car with a black painted roof which is pretty unusual.It would have been a looker back in its day.
The PO had plans to restore the car but to me,it’s probably a parts car.

Last edited:
Another perfect example of a land barge fitting perfectly on a U-Haul trailer!

A18225CF-F687-4073-931D-AC30E982C542.jpeg

Last edited:
Another perfect example of a land barges fitting perfectly on a U-Haul trailer!

View attachment 298529

That car did fit on no problem but there was some sway at higher speeds after direction changes or during crosswinds.There were several wheels and a mystery rad in the trunk that I was going to remove to take out the weight from the back but I couldn't get the trunk open.I think if that stuff was gone and there was a rad in the front of the car,it would have been ok.

Last year I towed a C body wagon on one of those trailers and wouldn't recommend it unless you weighted the front of the car or trailer somehow or maybe filled the back of the car with helium balloons.It was a complete big block car and it was sway city at anything over 40 MPH due to all the overhang behind the trailer axles.It would have been un-towable if the car was missing an engine or front end parts.

A wagon would be a wild ride, for sure! The sway is my biggest complaint, I thought I was going to die after I passed a semi and it was wiggle time! I had to speed up to a rather high number for it to settle down, a pucker moment for sure.

A wagon would be a wild ride, for sure! The sway is my biggest complaint, I thought I was going to die after I passed a semi and it was wiggle time! I had to speed up to a rather high number for it to settle down, a pucker moment for sure.

Yeah,there were a few tense moments when I got hit with some crosswinds but luckily they weren't too bad that day.The area I was going through is known for some severe winds so I got lucky that way.

Moral of the story,yes they fit on the trailers but make sure the trunk is empty and bring some sandbags or extra weight for the front end if the car is missing parts forward of the trailer axles.

C86AEF06-B032-45C5-B106-31D273AE9DA8.jpeg
88A123F3-0705-41D7-B472-EA9F3059F019.jpeg
59414D9D-0A90-46F4-AD02-626FF9E18EF3.jpeg
It was a good day for you than 2 71 Fury’s in one day, the EV2 will be a great looking car when is done.

That car did fit on no problem but there was some sway at higher speeds after direction changes or during crosswinds.There were several wheels and a mystery rad in the trunk that I was going to remove to take out the weight from the back but I couldn't get the trunk open.I think if that stuff was gone and there was a rad in the front of the car,it would have been ok.

Last year I towed a C body wagon on one of those trailers and wouldn't recommend it unless you weighted the front of the car or trailer somehow or maybe filled the back of the car with helium balloons.It was a complete big block car and it was sway city at anything over 40 MPH due to all the overhang behind the trailer axles.It would have been un-towable if the car was missing an engine or front end parts.

The raising or lowering of the ball wouldn't have helped in that situation?

The raising or lowering of the ball wouldn't have helped in that situation?

The tongue was about as low as it would go without dragging the safety chains on the road.The weight distribution on the trailer wasn't right due to the length of the car and the excess weight in the car that's behind the trailer axles.The rule of thumb is 10% of the total trailer weight should be on the trailer tongue but if it's not due to the trailer design or the size and weight distribution of the car on it,adding weight to the front or taking weight from the back is about the only way to make it right.

Last edited:
It was a good day for you than 2 71 Fury’s in one day, the EV2 will be a great looking car when is done.

That EV2 car will be a stunner when it's back on the road.Thanks to both of you for your efforts.
The 71 in this thread I picked up a couple weeks ago but just got around to posting pics this AM.You'll see it in all it's glory when you drop off that orange beauty.

Very cool finds you guy's have picked up. I was able to go pull some part's of this 71 Fury lll today very low vin number. Unfortunately core support was gone so no fender tag. He said it runs has keys and title very rusty no interior I was able to get some nice part's off it.

Screenshot_20190629-091604_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190630-173346_Facebook.jpg

20190630_171006.jpg

20190630_171014.jpg

20190630_172100.jpg

20190630_165838.jpg

Dang,that trunk is much better than I was expecting.Was the car inside for some of it's time off the road? Usually the trunk seal or back window start leaking at some point if it sits outside for a number of years.

Back