Found my one-ton

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
upload_2021-2-13_20-39-49.png

1969 D300, great shape. 318 4-speed. Gets delivered in about three weeks. I'm stoked!

Either a factory 9' Utiline pickup, or using a military trailer bed as the truck bed. Eventually, a Cummins swap will happen.

Ummm... why? :lol:

Hmmmm...why not? Been looking for awhile. This is an insanely rust-free V8 truck with a four-speed. Too nice to pass up.

Answer to Stan's question --- Travel trailer puller and hauling stuff, like other trucks, but different.

You speak of possibly a 9' bed.
Where was that originally available?

Was your D300 originally a dually?

You speak of possibly a 9' bed.
Where was that originally available?...

"Besides straight-sided beds (called Sweptline), the D series also offered step-sided narrow beds (called Utiline) in 6.5 ft (2.0 m) (D-100 only), 8 ft (2.4 m) (D-100 and 200), and 9 ft (2.7 m) (D-300 only) lengths."

Screenshot_2021-02-14 Dodge D series - Wikipedia.png

Still a dually, Stan. As the chart above notes, the 9' Utiline bed was available only on the D/W300 trucks. Very tough to find an intact bed. One of those things that i'll have to find in sections.

These never had a 440 available, just 198 (D100), 225, 318, 383 (D100-300) You could also get a 361 or a 413 in the 400-up series. There was a 413HP available in the HPP trucks.

WTF is a 431 or a 461???

The 64 D100 could be had with the CSS and HPP package. That would have gotten you a 426. Very rare, maybe 5-6 in the registry. Some of the early trucks also got a Perkins diesel.

The 64 D100 could be had with the CSS and HPP package. That would have gotten you a 426. Very rare, maybe 5-6 in the registry. Some of the early trucks also got a Perkins diesel.

In a 426 Wedge, yes.

The Perkins was not a publicized option, save for a single dealer truck brochure, IIRC. In the D/W300 - 500 series, there are just six known existing Perkins-powered Dodge trucks of this era.

I doubt anyone here thought he meant 426 Hemi, even though they did use the old Hemis in industrial applications some times.

I doubt anyone here thought he meant 426 Hemi, even though they did use the old Hemis in industrial applications some times.

True. Years ago, I nearly bought a surplus airport auxiliary power unit (APU) that had a 354 Industrial Hemi in it from new. I can't remember the brand of the APU, but it was a very neat rig. With some output mods, that would've been a great emergency home generator. Loud as hell, too! But, my limit to spend was $600 that day, and someone bid that sucker up to a grand.

The Amish around here used an industrial Hemi for their generator, forgot what they used it for, but they had one.

Back