For Sale Free 1966 Chrysler New Yorker Moldings

Status
Not open for further replies.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Set of nice used skirt moldings, one right rear quarter panel molding and 3 rocker panel moldings for a 2 door. I have had these for years and if no one wants to come get them then they will get scrapped. I will ship the skirt and quarter panel molding.

8C867247-02C4-49A9-A860-8541CFBE18CE.jpeg

22440039-F104-49C6-A413-3C0306ABEBDF.jpeg

C494BB67-6B1C-45EE-B462-0CD0E7307951.jpeg

I realize your frustration with these unusual parts but please reconsider disposal. Just shove em under the bed & stick with it. Someone is out there. Me & my 66 Newport thank you. Have a great Christmas.

Hmmm I drive a 68 right now, but the Babushka WANTS another 66 eventually. We still use Mathilda for parts, and trimmings like these would go WELL on any 2 door 66! We might take these, both to preserve them, and, God-willing, USE them in good time.

Hmmm I drive a 68 right now, but the Babushka WANTS another 66 eventually. We still use Mathilda for parts, and trimmings like these would go WELL on any 2 door 66! We might take these, both to preserve them, and, God-willing, USE them in good time.
Shipping might be a problem.

Cut the box in half lengthwise - that will give you a top and bottom, and also make for a stiffer box.
Measure to make sure under 108" girth.
Wrap moldings up in some used carpet padding, or maybe just layer blue shop towels between them. Tape them all in a tight stack so they don't move against each other.

Modify some photocopy-paper boxes to reinforce the box.
Box staples can be pulled out with pliers and re-bent/reused to attach box segments together.
A 1x10 piece of pine (or suitable size) can make some endcaps if needed, then staplegun the cardboard to them.

Lots of outside-the-box methods to make shipping boxes.

I understand that is effort for you, but those moldings are pretty rare and will be valuable to someone, you just haven't found him yet.
If someone had rare SFGT parts you would not want them scrapped.

I realize your frustration with these unusual parts but please reconsider disposal. Just shove em under the bed & stick with it. Someone is out there. Me & my 66 Newport thank you. Have a great Christmas.
Hey Toybox - welcome to the group!
There are 2-3 NW Indiana guys on here.

Thanks for your warm welcome! Mom bought a brand new barracuda in 69. That was it, had mopars ever since. My first C body in 78(was a 68 New Yorker) now i have 9 mopars. Can't seem to part with em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back