Front bench fury III wagon same?

Knebel

Reaction score
I have a 68 fury III two door hard top. Looking at seat cover from legendary, the front splitbench is listed as 68 fury III/wagon. On the picture it looks like the cover in my car. Is the front bench in the wagons and hardtops the same?

You'd have to think it was as the floorpan and front dimemsions were likely identical, changes occurring from the B pillar (behind the front seat) rearward.

Wouldn't make sense for a Fury Coupe, Sedan and Wagon to all have different front seats.

Fury owners will confirm/refute this.

I have a 68 fury III two door hard top. Looking at seat cover from legendary, the front splitbench is listed as 68 fury III/wagon. On the picture it looks like the cover in my car. Is the front bench in the wagons and hardtops the same?

I have not looked at the Legendary Catalog before I typed this. As the current owner of 4 '68 Furys with others coming and going and parting a few cars what I can tell you is that your '68 Fury III 2-door likely has a bench seat with a split seat back so that each side can tilt forward to allow access to the back seat. '68 wagons use a solid seat back if my memory is correct. I have the interior trim book at home for reference if needed. The patterns for the seat cover material used for '68 wagon seat covers is different from what the '68 Fury III cars used so carefully look at the photos in the catalog and let me know if I can be of any help. FYI, Dante's is a legendary vendor and sometimes has a better price than buying direct from Legendary. I highly recommend Dante's as do others on this forum.

Bill

In the picture from legendary, it is the split front bench with the armrest in the middle. Just like i have. Thank you already for that input!

Dante lists 2 different covers for the 68. Two different prices but same product number and they look identical... ??? Legendary does not even list anything for 4dr 2dr, hardtop and such, only the one front bench. And of course i cant cant get a hold of them ....sigh

Trust me, the patterns are different. Look at a 68 Fury Brochure or pics from the 68 Plymouth trim and color book and you will see the difference. Also note that the wagon version is more expensive and has fewer color options.

Can you post a photo of your front seat?

Last edited:
Oh I believe it! Just... The product numbers are the same and in the legendary catalog i cant even find the "non wagon" version. Realistically, id be okay with just redoing the bottom area, its not crazy bad but i think it deminishes the cars value and aesthetics.

IMG_20180216_172058.jpg

Last edited:
As the owner of a 68 Plymouth Sport Suburban wagon with the same color interior as yours I took a couple pics of my front split bench seat. they look to be the same.
IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

yes the interior of the wagon is pristine. it was covered with the clear vinyl seat covers you can see on the armrest the previous owner removed it all except for the arm rest just before I purchased the car. I had the foam replaced in the front seat but that is all. I replaced all the windlace around the doors at the same time. it was dry rotted and the foam had turned to dust. the car also has the original clear full floor mats which have turned yellow I soaked them in bleach for several days which did remove most of the stains on them but not the yellowing.

Last edited:
Alright, ordered seatcover. I am so excited cause that has been something i wanted to do since 5 years ago when i got the car. I found a place offering them for 450 incl. Shipping. Profit auto interiors. Lets see what I'll get....lol

I am blown away by the quality of this! Just got it in today!!!

IMG_20180511_171835.jpg

Ordered from dantes afterall!

Last edited:
the new covers don't have the chrome buttons on the seatback as the originals. do you have to reuse the old ones. do the new ones have the holes for them cant tell from the pictures.

Oh yes, I reused the old ones. Holes...no, unless its right where a stitching went in. i used an ale pokeythingy to make a small hole... it was rather difficult getting the chrome buttons off the old cover without destroying the retention ring on the back. I also used some thicker foam and that made it difficult to get the bench cover on (talk about wrestling with an alligator for 8 hours). But the outcome is satisfactory to me. The "wrinkle" in the pic is actually not that big and exaggerated by the camera flash.

IMG_20180513_211609537.jpg

IMG_20180514_143845780.jpg

IMG_20180514_143903973.jpg

did some other work on the bleached out carpet today. Used Rit cherry red to rejuvenate the color! Now I gotta figure out how to get the color back on the top part of my doorpanels!

IMG_20180517_161957409_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180518_110809646_HDR.jpg

PS: Please shut up about the gas pedal LOL

Back