Ft. McHenry

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I went to Ft. McHenry today to get a National Parks Lifetime Pass. They are free to any Disabled Veteran. Don't have to be 100% disabled....just 10% will get you a pass. The pass let's you and 3 adults into any National Park for free.

Ft. McHenry is located in the inner harbor of Baltimore and was a major battle site of the War of 1812 with the British. Also during that battle Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner. The Park Ranger was very accommodating and made the process enjoyable. He asked if I was going to go in to the site. I wasn't planning on it but it was a nice day in the low 80's and sunny so I went in. There was about 5000 school kids there. I guess it was their last field trip of the school year. I could walk about 50 yards or so at a time and took a short break. So I guided myself around a little and took a few pictures and left.

20190531_101915.jpg

Well laid defensive position. I can definitely see how we won that battle.

I would of loved to been an Artilleryman during this battle!

:usflag:

A lot patriotic teenagers there wearing red shirts to honor the Troops. Wear red on Fridays campaign to support the Troops that are deployed.

A lot them wearing MAGA hats too.

That's close enough for a day trip, I've got to make it down there soon.

Back