Fuel line-steel to rubber hose bubble or barb -how to?

HWYCRZR

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
What type of tool do I need to re create the rubber hose barb on a steel fuel line?
I do searches but most cover the double flair secured with a threaded fitting.

This is what I want to re-create.
image.jpg

This kit won’t do it.
image.jpg

I am afraid that the tool I need is over $150. But I don’t get a good feeling that they can do it either.
Any ideas. I am running out of old fuel lines to modify.
I could also go to inline tube to get the part, but would prefer to make it myself.

I think a buble flair will make that. Go to a shop in the area cant be much.

I understand the desire to match the OEM end, but for just getting one done, I've used sticks of brake lines and the dbl flare end cut off with no issues. On the fuel filter line lines, not much place for things to get out of whack, so just normal straight ends with good clamps can work, too. Which is where I did mine on the fuel pump-to-filter line. Bent my line with a hand tubing bender, after a few tries it looked perfect, just with a straight end on it (fuel filter end).

I felt I could do that lower line without having to buy one. At that time, didn't know the factory end could be reproduced. BTAIM

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I've never seen a hand held tool that will do that barb. It might be out there, but I've never seen it.

What I've done, is to start doing a double flare, and then not complete the second part of the operation.

Ends up looking like a bubble flare.

1656169715510.png

when you use the double flare kit just do step one with that little adapter disc...that will bulge out the end of the tube...it won't look exactly like the factory one you have pictured but will be good enough to keep the line from sliding off...i have both double and bubble kits and cant remember which one does it better....and a properly clamped line wont slide off a square cut tube either

Back