fuel pickup from MoparMall and rear sway bar incompatibility

Engine, Transmission & Driveline

1. 66 Monaco 500 365

66 Monaco 500 365 New Member

I installed an Addco rear anti sway bar while I was replacing the fuel tank and pickup.
    I thought that paying extra ($133 vs $50) for a USA made pickup/sender would be the best option, it had a 5 year warranty and came with a new seal and lock ring.
    I installed the sway bar while the tank was out of the car, that went really well, the extra room was nice.
    I installed the new tank and pickup and the fuel nipple aimed right at the center of the sway bar with only about 1/4" clearance. I looked at the pickup that was still in the stock tank and the output was angled about 20° up, it missed the sway bar, so I put the old pickup in the tank, and it works (except for the fuel level), why I was replacing the pickup in the first place.
    I can't wait to put some miles on the car to see how it handles with the new rear sway bar. I'll be returning the MoparMall pickup. If you have a rear sway bar, make sure the pickup nipple is not straight.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
  2. mr. fix it

mr. fix it Old Man with a Hat

I fell for the similar quality fuel pickup story but from a different online supplier
    The unit I received was wackier than the original unit.
    To the credit of the supplier, it was replaced after a phone call and the replacement works perfectly

3. Polara_500

Polara_500 Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

It took me 3 tries to find a fuel pickup that fit correctly on mine, and I've got some incorrect, (for my car), units for sale here.

4. odcics2

odcics2 Well-Known Member

You will love that ADDCO bar!
    It was designed when your car was new!!!

5. 66 Monaco 500 365

66 Monaco 500 365 New Member

I'm looking forward to driving the car, but I'm not putting more than a gallon or two in it because ironically I have to drop the tank again to put a new sending unit in it. I did a complete suspension under my '69 Roadrunner, and the rear sway bar made the biggest difference in the feel of the car.