fuel pump pushrod access plug question

Jason ya the filter fills when I start off / cold engine. totally full with just a little bubble in there at the top. at temp, you can watch the fuel level just start lowering down to nothing.

How about when you have a full to the top tank does the fuel still drop out of sight in filter, sounds like it is sucking air. Following the stock routing the closest place for heat is exhaust pipe by pass side should be easy to make a shield to go in there worth a try.

ya I keep it full to try to fight/prevent rust. or more rust...

I was just reading the 68 FSM,, says the 440 hp cars had vapor separator canisters with return line to tank....

well epic fail. as soon as the engine hit 180*, the fuel went away. i changed the oil beforehand too, in case it was somehow not throwing the pushrod as good as it should. I have the gas cap loose at the tank just in case it was a breathing problem, but no change.

i have no idea what to do.

someone tell me something before i hack the fuel line and put an electric pump in. when i bought the car, it fed fuel. mechanically. im not sure why it stopped. i was going 50 down a local road, and lost gas. ever since then, no gas when at operating temp.

Have the same problem with my 1972 Newport. But before I found it WAS the fuel pump actuator rod. Mine fed fuel fine on the hiway, but dried up in stop and go traffic.

Think I am going the electric fuel pump route.

Back