Fuel tank sending unit

72 Furyguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a sending unit for my 1972 Plymouth fury....no one around here seems to list one. I called around....NOTHING!! THANKS

try summit. and keep your grounding strap and tank seal ring. it didnt come with a new strap, and the lock ring they sent was too thin.

I hAve a 67 fury and I went to autozone they had to order it but they have them try them im sure if they have one for 67 they`ll have it for a 72 I think they mite share the same tank 67 thru 72

Autozone had no listing..........The one from Summit worked perfect!!!! My gauge lives again!!!

I found that if the sending unit gives a reading but not correct I would just bend the arm to fix.

It didn't matter what the readings were long as EMPTY was correct.

I had one (New) that was so bad I was only at 1/2 on the gauge when the tank was full but it was in sync when it was empty, I ended up swaping it out later.

Alan

Bought my 66 NewYorker sending unit from e-bay, new piece, works just like new, was like 70 bucks.

I would buy a new float and reinstall the old unit. There are problems with the aftermarket versions that are typically made in China. For the life of me, I cannot get the gauge on my 1973 Polara to work properly in spite of numerous sending unit swaps. I have posted videos on Youtube on my issues.

Agreed, try new float first and check the wiring

I'm having a similar problem with my 71 fury. I put a fuel cell in but I can't seem to get the damn gauge to work. Anyone have any clue how many OHMs the factory sending unit is?

E = 73.7 Ohms (Factory - Chinese ones are as high as 90)
M = 23.0 Ohms
F = 10.2 Ohms
It's not linear.

My gauge doesn't work at all so I need to do this. Are these hard to replace? Do I have to drop the tank?

Back