Fun times in FumBuck...

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I left the house at 9am... topped off the tank and aired up the tires (3 gas stations required to find an operating air pump). It dawned on me as I enjoyed I4... Orlando traffic sucks so bad because folks don't pass to go faster, they just want to be in front...:realcrazy:

An hour from my destination, some idiot passes me on the right from a turn lane... I'm out of Orlando, so I let them in (I'm also driving the NYB... and I like it more than the DD). I'm hot, I show them the New Jersey state bird... through tinted glass I can see them returning the gesture... HMMM... relax, be good, calm down... hmmm, I think that's a car load of kids. No road rage, no heroics... I just maintain pace with the speed limits and traffic and keep the large following distance I prefer when driving my Formals. All the way to the last mile or two of my destination, that minivan had me in there mirrors at every red light or traffic snarl... They seemed to want to get away, but traffic didn't cooperate and I was running close to their speed.

I decided then, if they pull off where I do... I'm introducing myself as "Rusty Nail" and they owe me an apology... :lol:

Finally I arrive...
PICT0560.JPG

Then another...
PICT0564.JPG

And another...
PICT0568.JPG

We could have had a Formal trifecta... but how often do you get to poke at a car as unusual as the Citroen? (We all poke at our Formals)...

I enjoyed a nice lunch with @commando1 and @73 T&C ... we got to BS and yes Javier did let us gawk at his car's innards... Stan even took her for a spin.

The down side of the day... I never got to find out how the pies were at the tattoo shop... FumBuck, they probably needed a sideline for when the clientele was too broke for another tat. :lol:

Stan even took her for a spin.
And I broke it... :(
A Greek driving a 45 year old French car with an Italian engine. Something HAD to go wrong. :rolleyes:
Javier is as nutz as I thought he would be.
I already knew that Jeff was so it was a good Triumvirate of Florida NYB nuts.

Jeff had to drive an hour and a half.
Javier drove 3 hours.
It took me five minutes. I loved it!

Awesome afternoon. Thanks, guys.

I was impressed, Javier was all too willing to allow his delicate machine to be punished, however briefly, by you... I wasn't game for the back seat, so I have to ask... did you really get her on two wheels?

I left the house at 9am... topped off the tank and aired up the tires (3 gas stations required to find an operating air pump). It dawned on me as I enjoyed I4... Orlando traffic sucks so bad because folks don't pass to go faster, they just want to be in front...:realcrazy:

An hour from my destination, some idiot passes me on the right from a turn lane... I'm out of Orlando, so I let them in (I'm also driving the NYB... and I like it more than the DD). I'm hot, I show them the New Jersey state bird... through tinted glass I can see them returning the gesture... HMMM... relax, be good, calm down... hmmm, I think that's a car load of kids. No road rage, no heroics... I just maintain pace with the speed limits and traffic and keep the large following distance I prefer when driving my Formals. All the way to the last mile or two of my destination, that minivan had me in there mirrors at every red light or traffic snarl... They seemed to want to get away, but traffic didn't cooperate and I was running close to their speed.

I decided then, if they pull off where I do... I'm introducing myself as "Rusty Nail" and they owe me an apology... :lol:

Finally I arrive...
View attachment 200805
Then another...
View attachment 200806
And another... View attachment 200807
We could have had a Formal trifecta... but how often do you get to poke at a car as unusual as the Citroen? (We all poke at our Formals)...

I enjoyed a nice lunch with @commando1 and @73 T&C ... we got to BS and yes Javier did let us gawk at his car's innards... Stan even took her for a spin.

The down side of the day... I never got to find out how the pies were at the tattoo shop... FumBuck, they probably needed a sideline for when the clientele was too broke for another tat. :lol:
First thought was that you guys all got together for new ink

First thought was that you guys all got together for new ink
Kind of dissapointing they didn't get a Florida chapter FCBO tat. :poke:"Formal Old Fart" :lol:

Sounds like fun was had by all! Where's the group photo? :poke:

Jeff had to drive an hour and a half.
Javier drove 3 hours.
It took me five minutes. I loved it!
I made 163 mile round trip from the WAWA where I topped off... 16 gals to fill her after the trip... woowho... double digit fuel economy :lol:
Actually, she needs some tuning, she's pretty rich at idle... why do amateurs like to mess with idle screws thinking they're adjusting something else? I pretty much plopped that carb on her from the parts car's parts car. I'm encouraged that I liked driving her as much as I did... tuned up nice, she should be better than ever in my time with her. At least this trip proved to me she would have been good enough for the Carlisle trip.

Kind of dissapointing they didn't get a Florida chapter FCBO tat. :poke:"Formal Old Fart" :lol:

Sounds like fun was had by all! Where's the group photo? :poke:
Trust me, the cars are better looking than we are... and I'm in the parts car... yikes...
pict0568-jpg.jpg

Back