FuryImps '68 plymouth Fury III convertable.

Valvebounce

Reaction score
Here is the 68 fury III convertable that my father has been restoring the last wee while.
It all started when he and his girlfriend took in an Asian homestay (adult) student. She brought he computer with her, and PRESTO! Dad discovered the Internet. Next thing was ebay, and before he new it he had two mopars in containers heading down here. (New Zealand)
We've always been a mopar family, but buying cars from so far away has made sourcing parts for the resto a costly exercise. But well worth it.
Pics,

On the trailer, heading to the paintshop.
furybeforepaint1.jpg

furybeforepaint3.jpg

furybeforepaint2.jpg

furybeforepaint4.jpg

furyinbooth1.jpg

For some reason I can't put more than 4 pictures in a post?

Anywho, there pics are a few months old now. The rebuilt (and warmed over) 383 has gone back in. The dashboard and heater has been refurbished and refitted. It was originally an A/C car, but I think dad has deleted that. It's been quite a challange, but it doesn't have too much further to go now. Next time it comes out of the shed (whenever that may be!) I'll shoot some more pictures. The purple passion pearl paint really POPS in the sunlight. It was a crying shame that it was overcast and cloudy the day we picked it up from the spraybooth.

I think he's registered on here, but he's not so good at the computer stuff, hence me posting it up for him.

Last edited:
Awesome pics. I can't imagine hauling around a C-barge behind an A-body. :) Great pics and glad to see someone from the other side of the world.

-Jeremy

It wasn't too big of a strech Jeremy. The Fury had the motor out, and the Valiant has an angry 340 moving things along. Plus Christchurch is a VERY flat city. (Although it's plenty bumpier after the 7.1 earthquake a couple months back lol)

A little A-body towing a big C-body. Great picture. Can't wait to see it all together and complete.
Heres a link to a photo of a good friend's 68 383 Fury III convertible. He and his dad restored it years ago, then figured out that neither of them like driving with the top down. Some day they'll get around to selling it. For now its the car one of them will take to shows if one of their other Mopars is temporarily out of commission.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=72950&l=1b04912e81&id=100001111775214

It's been a while since there's been any updates on this thread, but more work has been done. The rebuilt (and warmed over) motor and trans have been refitted. And it's not a million miles away from it's 1st fire up. (The oil system has been primed)
We've had another two bloody earthquakes since too. Both 6.3's and quite shallow as well. In the most recent one the car rolled forward and hit the garage door. The bumper overriders bore most of the brunt, but the right side headlight surround took a small hit. So that had to have the anodising stripped off before it was painstakingly massaged back into the correct shape, buffed, and re-anodised.
Also a rubbish bin tipped over, and rolled into the door. But the mark will buff out. (Thank goodness!)
And the drill press topppled over, and landed beside the freshly re-cored radiator for this car. I lifted the drill press off it with my heart in my mouth (The old boy was taking a break in Hawai at the time) but to my suprise only a few of the fins were bruised. The mopar gods must have been smiling on it that day!
We'll have to take some footage of the 1st fire up, and share it with you guys.

Back