fuselage cars in unusual places

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
these pics of a 1969 Sport Fury have been taken in 1971 in eastern germany. It was in a town called Rostock. A very unusual place for a C-Body in those days. The guys in the first pic are soldiers who just came home from duty.

Thanks to my buddy Dan for finding those pics

AKG636181.jpg

AKG636170.jpg

AKG636172.jpg

AKG636167.jpg

Great vintage pics of that slick top, thanks Carsten!

Carsten ; you must be the boy in the third picture..........:thumbsup:

Hi,

I have no further info on the car or its whereabout today.
Pics were taken by a back then 15 year old east german boy who lived in that street.
Seeing a car from the "west" was very unusual in eastern germany.
It has east german custom office plates.
it has radial tires, non original hubcaps and headlights might have been swaped to H1 standart

Carsten

Sure got everyone's attention didn't it? You think maybe they every bit as envious - perhaps even more so - than curious?

Those are factory hubcaps for Plymouth, these are listed in the Fury catalog. I have seen these on a Fury III the last few years at the Mopar Nats.

There is three big Mopar guys standing behind that Fury there Bob.... You should recognize them from Carlisle. Thank You for the photo, thats a nice one.

IMG_0333.jpg
right you are . i have never seen these on a car before. i had to go to my sales catalog to check it out. thanks for the info.

imagine the sensation a plymouth would cause when the streets were filled with these

old-east-german-car-18181664.jpg

So, someone parks this boat on the side of the road in the middle of munchkin land and then hides in the bushes to snap photos of peoples reactions? Was this the German version of Candid Camera?

Back