Fuselage side window question

ImpJay

The different young
Reaction score
The left front side window of my 73 Imperial 4dr ht (with the optional vent windows) has to come out so I gain access to the side mirror. The FSM does give advise to get the glass out with the vent window and most of the tracks, but I only have to take the side glass off of the door. The glass is attached to the lifting track with a few screws and plastic, plug-like components, of which the latter keep spinning around without holding them still with a tool such as pliers, but there´s no slots in them to get a good grip.

Does somebody have tips to get only the side window out?

PS. The mirror itself is loosely attached to the base, which will be retightened.

Mm, I haven't ever had to take the glass out to take out side mirrors. I use a small 1/4in drive socket set and simply slide my hand behind the window while it is up.

Mm, I haven't ever had to take the glass out to take out side mirrors. I use a small 1/4in drive socket set and simply slide my hand behind the window while it is up.

I'll have to give it another try. :)

Yep, never taken a window out for a mirror.

Long "wobble" socket extensions and/or u-joints (wrap them with tape to stiffen them up) are your friends here.

67971_W3.jpg

Task complited! :thumbsup:

I got the mirror out and in with a tiny socket and wrench after tightening the mirror to the base.

20191109_162758.jpg

Back