gas vs hydraulic

67-Fury

Reaction score
I need shocks for my fury and all I can find is gas shocks are these better then hydraulic? do they give a harsh ride I don't where to find hydraulic shocks I looked all over and I have lowering blocks would that mean I need shorter shocks im very confused

Gas is way better, The old hydraulic shocks aren't , and weren't very good. Monromatics are Inexpensive, and My 66' Polara drives like a million bucks with them. KYB is even better, just more money. I can't see lowering being an issue, the shock just sits lower. However, gas shocks to lift the car slightly, and give a much better ride then the old Hydraulic shock.

thanks for the advice cause I heard some guy some say gas shocks wernt good for old cars witch I guess made some sense but all I care about is having a smooth comfortable ride

I've got gas shocks on the Coronet and the New Yorker, and will never go back to a hydraulic shock on an old car.

I've had excellent results with KYB Gas-A-Just shocks.

Check these out for $142 for all 4 shocks, plus free shipping, plus $10 off.

http://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm?mode=results&selected_model=4369&selected_year=1967

Manufacturer: KYB Brand: KYB GASAJUST PERFORMANCE
tran.gif
Part NumberPositionPackage Qty
KG4507Front1$33.68 each
Free Shipping
KG5512Rear1$37.69 each
Free Shipping
Complete Set Front and Rear
KYB KYB GASAJUST PERFORMANCE
$142.74 set of 4
Free Shipping

Back