Gatortops made in canada

GatorTop

Reaction score
Hello everybody here,
anyone has some informations about how many c-body's with a "GATORTOP" are build in canada? I own an all original "made in canada" 69 survivor sportfury with a black gatortop (code V1C )
(and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all)
69 SportFury.jpeg
VIN 69 Plymouth.jpg

Interesting not a gator though.
IMG_20181014_122141.jpg

Last edited:
The 69 is one of my favorite year fusey’s. Yours is gorgeous, Although I’m certainly not criticizing this beautiful car, just my two cents, white walls would look much better than RWL. IMO.

I have to politely disagree....;) I love the look of RWL tires and steelies with poverty caps on anything! I have this combo on my 68 T/C wagon and would not consider running anything else. But it is his/your vehicle so do what makes you happy. :) Even his RWL and hubcaps look great IMHO.

I'm pretty sure the code was V1G, maybe it was different in '69 or on a Plymouth.
The vinyl top code is usually over top of engine code, where yours is blank.

I have the original bill of sale and there it says code V1C - full vinyltop black alligator
(look at the pic's)
V1C black alligator
V1G black gatorgrain
It has also a code for a "spring-special-package"
mabe that was different for canada-made cars or then it is something very special :)
Screenshot_2019-01-08-17-00-48-1.png
Screenshot_2019-01-08-17-12-26-1.png

Lovely car ,,congratulations to you!

I have the original bill of sale and there it says code V1C - full vinyltop black alligator
(look at the pic's)
V1C black alligator
V1G black gatorgrain
mabe that was different for canada-made cars or then it is something very special :)View attachment 243743 View attachment 243744
They're all special but to who? Whoever the caretaker is should be the only one that matters.

(look at the pic's)
V1C black alligator
V1G black gatorgrain
mabe that was different for canada-made cars or then it is something very special :)View attachment 243743 View attachment 243744

So in layman's terms what is different between "black alligator" and "black gatorgrain"
Love the look by the way.

(look at the pic's)
V1C black alligator
V1G black gatorgrain
My bad, I forgot Plymouth called it Alligator and spring special.
There cannot be a whole lot of them total even way less in existence.
My 70 Challenger is one of only 300 some odd cars built with gator grain top.

Hello, I'm trying to find info on thease cars as well, I a 1969 Plymouth fury III with a tortoise top. My dad bought this car brand new.
FB_IMG_1546870197731.jpg

Back