Gauge Tester

Big_John

Illegitimi non carborundum
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Look what I stumbled upon this morning! I know what you are saying... "This is for a Ford". Ford used the same type of gauges as Chrysler did. 5 volt with 10-73 ohms. Under $30, this should be a something that will really help diagnose temperature and fuel gauges. A few cars have factory oil pressure gauges (Imperial, cop cars) and this will work with those too.

GAUGE TESTER, FORD 1955-1986, 73-10 OHM FUEL GAUGE - #992-3FA - National Parts Depot

This may work with some aftermarket electrical gauges too. Just have to check what the range is in ohms. Voltage won't matter.

Look what I stumbled upon this morning! I know what you are saying... "This is for a Ford". Ford used the same type of gauges as Chrysler did. 5 volt with 10-73 ohms. Under $30, this should be a something that will really help diagnose temperature and fuel gauges. A few cars have factory oil pressure gauges (Imperial, cop cars) and this will work with those too.

GAUGE TESTER, FORD 1955-1986, 73-10 OHM FUEL GAUGE - #992-3FA - National Parts Depot

This may work with some aftermarket electrical gauges too. Just have to check what the range is in ohms. Voltage won't matter.

Nice, simple switchable resistor box.

Nice, simple switchable resistor box.
Exactly.

You could source the resistors and build something for under $10, but this is simple and affordable. They need to market this to the Mopar guys too.

I have a decade resistor box that I use.

GOOD find Big John! Thx much.

Back