Gauges

Deputy

Reaction score
Hey so I’m running into an interesting problem not sure if anyone else has had the same problem. my fuel gauge and temperature gauge aren’t reading correct. They both read low. Here’s the thing it only does it sometimes. I pulled them out and turned on the key both gauges pegged to the max. When I put them back I. The went back down, how we to far down and not accurate. Any thoughts? I thought maybe a grounding issue but I am not sure

65 Fury III

Could also be a bad ground to the instrument cluster. Try running a temp ground with some alligator clips to the cluster to see if the readings change.

Dave

Awesome I’ll try that. Where is the voltage limiter in this thing? I know on the trucks it was right on the back of the cluster but the only thing I see on this is a condenser looking can. Is that it ? Doesn’t really seem to be in line with anything

Awesome I’ll try that. Where is the voltage limiter in this thing? I know on the trucks it was right on the back of the cluster but the only thing I see on this is a condenser looking can. Is that it ? Doesn’t really seem to be in line with anything
The '65 Plymouith cluster regulator is integral to the gas gauge. If it is bad you will need to replace the whole unit or hard wire an aftermarket VCR to the existing circuit. There are some posts on this website that show how to do this. Suggest you download the wiring diagram from www.mymopar.com they also have the FSM.

Dave

Another thing you might want to check is the condenser on the back of the fuel gauge. This is for static suppression on the radio equipped cars. That condenser is now over 60 years old and may be shorted out. That will throw off the voltage to the gauges.

Dave

Back