G'day from down under

RTCruiser

Reaction score
Central Coast of New South Wales, Australia
Hey Guys

Just found this group and figured I'd better join and say hello

I'm a long time Chrysler guy from the other side of the world. After a string of local Australian Chrysler's last year I took the plunge and imported my ultimate wish list car from the USA.

Car is a 1978 New Yorker Brougham. I bought it in October and it finally arrived safe and sound in April this year.

It joins my 1977 Chrylser Regal SE for weekend duties.

Interestingly both cars were built in November 1977 and both were the top of the range in their markets.

I also have a 1980 Valiant GLX project car tucked away. This uses the same body as my Regal SE but is more of a sports car than a luxury cruiser

img0862sy.jpg

img0860zt.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Those are some fine looking rides you have there and you've come to the right place.

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Nice score!

Please more pictures....inside, outside, underneath, under the hood, fender tag, everywhere. LOL!

What options do you have? Is the engine a 400 or a 440?

I have a 1978 NYB too.

DSC02408.jpg

DSC02408.jpg

Welcome aboard!

:sFl_america2:

Nice score!

Please more pictures....inside, outside, underneath, under the hood, fender tag, everywhere. LOL!

What options do you have? Is the engine a 400 or a 440?

I have a 1978 NYB too.

View attachment 14470

Not sure on all the options but it has the 440, Leather interior, Cruise Control, tilt Steering wheel, Central locking and not sure what else.

Will post a picture of the build plate for some help with decoding that. The Australian plates and codes I know almost of the top of my head but know idea about these american ones.

Congratulations on your 78! A friend of mine is nearly done the RHD conversion on his 77 NYB.

Not sure on all the options but it has the 440, Leather interior, Cruise Control, tilt Steering wheel, Central locking and not sure what else.

Will post a picture of the build plate for some help with decoding that. The Australian plates and codes I know almost of the top of my head but know idea about these american ones.

Great, post a picture of the fender tag and I'll have it decoded for you in 30 seconds. LOL!

Welcome aboard! Great looking cars. Would really like to hear the story of how you imported the car. BTW my 68 Monaco has a 440 from a 78 NYr.

Here it is.....

G25 Manual operated vent windows
K3W White side and deck lid stripes
P51 ??? I have it too, something power
M45 Fender skirts
P31 Power windows
P41 Power door locks
N88 Cruise control
G63 Remote control right side mirror
M25 Sill moldings
V1F Green vinyl top
H51 Manual A/C controls....Thank God!
L81 Door ajar indicator lamp
L31 Fender mount turn signals
L35 Cornering lights
RF9 Augusta Green Sunfire Metallic Paint
PLF6 Green Leather & Vinyl interior
804 or 304 Build date August 04, 1978 or Mar 04, 1978. Look on the driver's door and see if it says 8-78 or 3-78...I would like to know which one it is.
E85 Lean Burn 440 4 bbl - 195 HP
D34 Torqueflite transmission
CS43 4 door Hardtop
T8C ??? I can't remember.........anyone else know???
126245 Production build sequence number

If you find a build sheet under the seats or somewhere it'll have a complete list of options that your car was built with.

Here it is.....

G25 Manual operated vent windows
K3W White side and deck lid stripes
P51 ??? I have it too, something power
M45 Fender skirts
P31 Power windows
P41 Power door locks
N88 Cruise control
G63 Remote control right side mirror
M25 Sill moldings
V1F Green vinyl top
H51 Manual A/C controls....Thank God!
L81 Door ajar indicator lamp
L31 Fender mount turn signals
L35 Cornering lights
RF9 Augusta Green Sunfire Metallic Paint
PLF6 Green Leather & Vinyl interior
804 or 304 Build date August 04, 1978 or Mar 04, 1978. Look on the driver's door and see if it says 8-78 or 3-78...I would like to know which one it is.
E85 Lean Burn 440 4 bbl - 195 HP
D34 Torqueflite transmission
CS43 4 door Hardtop
T8C ??? I can't remember.........anyone else know???
126245 Production build sequence number

If you find a build sheet under the seats or somewhere it'll have a complete list of options that your car was built with.
You're becoming quite the Formal expert.

T8C ??? I can't remember.........anyone else know??/QUOTE said:
C-Chrysler
S- Special price class
43- 4 dr hardtop
T- Low Performance 440 (It would be a U if it was the HP 440)
8- 1978
C- Jefferson Mi plant

Last edited:
Back