Getting a emblem repoped?

SGT FURY

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I've been looking for sonoramic commando emblem for sometime. There were supposed to be some repops made but I think it fell through.
My question is who makes the current mopar repop ABE body emblems?
I have found a few die cast foundries who could probably make one?
Would you have to have permission from Chrysler to reproduce a emblem?
How many would you have to make to make it worthwhile?
It's rare valuable emblem that hardly ever comes up for sale.
What other C body emblems would you guys like to see repoped?

To sell them in any amount, yes. Any other answer just depends on if they notice you making them.

That all depends on the cost to make, what the price is you can sell them, and how many you expect to sell.

If you can get 100 made for $100, and you expect to be able to sell 100 for $2 each, then you have the cost covered with some profit. If you only expect to sell 50 and you can only get $1 each, then you are loosing money.

Of course, that isn't looking at your time involved. One thing people have to always think about is how much of their own time they will spend on a project like this... Sometimes you'll make more money per hour flipping burgers if you are honest with yourself.

If you do go through with it, look at casting them in bronze or something similar so that the copper plating part of the chrome process can be skipped. For very small runs, lost wax casting would give the best casting with the least amount of finish work. Probably make the master on a SLA 3D printer (slightly oversize from the original to allow for shrinkage). Those are just some thoughts from someone that never did any casting.

BTW, the one on the bottom pic is cast, looks like pot metal, but that second one.... See if there's "UMP" marked on the back or it looks like it's stamped rather than cast.

We have located all of our molds for these emblems that disappeared last March when our supplier vanished during “Covid”. Once we get these organized I will let you know if the molds for these exist. Dave

You probably already checked......

With Marty at Arizona Parts and if you have the part numbers you can run them through partsvoice.com. If somebody has NOS emblems they might show up.

View attachment 465891 View attachment 465892 View attachment 465893 I've been looking for sonoramic commando emblem for sometime. There were supposed to be some repops made but I think it fell through.
My question is who makes the current mopar repop ABE body emblems?
I have found a few die cast foundries who could probably make one?
It's rare valuable emblem that hardly ever comes up for sale.
What other C body emblems would you guys like to see repoped?

I was blown away a couple years ago when a Forwardlook friend and I were at Hershey. He was looking for some emblems , if I recall 57 or 58 Fury. I couldn't believe the numbers these command.
When I think about cheap easy parts the " Polara" badging is the cheapest and easiest of parts to find for my interests. Interesting how just a 10 years apart makes your interests so much more scarce than mine.

You might also consider 3-D printing the emblems, then using that as a basis for making more. I've never done 3-D, but it surely seems like a possibility. I know Jay Leno was one of the very first car collectors to utilize 3-D tech to make parts that were simply unavailable.

You might also consider 3-D printing the emblems, then using that as a basis for making more. I've never done 3-D, but it surely seems like a possibility. I know Jay Leno was one of the very first car collectors to utilize 3-D tech to make parts that were simply unavailable.
I remember watching an episode where they 3d scanned a crescent wrench then printed a function one. The tech is incredible.

I've had a custom badge 3d printed on a project. I printed it in plastic to check the fit. Once that was set I had it printed in stainless and chrome plated. It's the badge on the tank pictured
20190608_145612.jpg

Back