Getting Ready For Carlisle.

SportFury70

Reaction score
So, my stepfather and I, literally JUST got the blue '68 Sport Fury Fast-top uncovered for the very first time this year. When I mean literally just, I mean at 8:15 this evening. The car started right up. Took a test drive around the block, and it drove and stopped great after sitting for almost 8 months. Just had to top off the transmission fluid before we went. The oil was black when it was checked so it is time for an oil change, which is happening as we speak. It will definitely be ready for when we leave at 6:30 in the morning on Thursday. Just needs to be dusted off, vacuumed out, detailed, and have the tires checked. I took these pictures and said to my stepfather, "these are gonna go right on c-bodies." How is everyone else getting ready for the show?
68 IN GARAGE.jpg

Just uncovered and running for the first time this year
68 TEST DRIVE.jpg

68 TEST DRIVE 2.jpg

First drive for the year. A "test drive"
68 OIL 1.jpg

68 OIL 2.jpg

Getting ready to have the oil changed

Been in Wyoming since 6/26 ,until today, now in So Dakota, but will be back to North Jersey by the 9th so I can head to Pa on Thursday. Beautiful Sport Fury.

See you thus end of this week. Google says you're less than an hour further than I am.

See you, and everyone else later this week. Can't wait to meet everyone. Takes us about 6- 61/2 hours to get to Carlisle. Believe that time counts towards meeting up with a couple other friends too. Remember to eat at the MiddleSex Diner for breakfast. That's where I will be all 3 days. Show is only 3 days away fellas. :D

Nice!
I'll have to check that ride out this weekend.

I got it lucky. Feel bad for all you suckers that gotta wash and detail the cars! :p LOL

I did detail the interior of the Monaco at least. Last time was for Carlisle in ‘17 I believe..... it’s showing it’s age, but still cleans up pretty decent being mostly original. The dirtier the exterior, the better!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting new faces. Safe travels to you all.

F09F07E4-F922-4F92-A240-C18690CF38CA.jpeg
70F563DE-8A3F-4BA3-B456-F6D1B8FBE6AA.jpeg
1AC6BBA2-A0DA-426D-9A9F-D17D2D9DE988.jpeg

Back