Give it a name ...

Marv

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need you to help me out on this one

What is this called ?! I´ve seen it quite often in various cars,
so I figure that it is some non-brand-specific aftermarket accessoire.
For me it looks handy as my car doesn´t sport any storing space or cupholder,
but in order to buy it I´ve gotta put something into Google.

Thanks,
Marv

00q0q_j9RJGsYrq4g_1200x900.jpg

Man.. If you know the result it seems so obvious :BangHead: Thanks a lot!!!

J.C. Whitney #873-735132-9724-23-7

I also need one of these for my car, so let us know where you end up getting one.

Me too. That one even looks about the right color.

That looks nice. Is it anchored or attached somehow?

That would be the next question, if it's just sitting loose on the tunnel, it has to fit properly. I don't know if they are available custom fitted for Chrysler, Plymouth etc.. I think I just took this picture from an add of a 68 Newport that's been recently posted on this board.

There are most likely grip spikes on the bottom that dig into the carpet to hold it in place.

Any auto parts store should have them.

The ones I've seen at VatoZone and the like all have spike-grips on the bottom, as well as screw holes to permanently mount.

The one I had 20ish years ago just had little plastic spikes to half-grip it into the carpet. The 20lbs of loose change in the bucket area also helps with retention.

Very popular in the 80's and early 90's before Mopar invented the cup-holder in the Mini-van!

The black one you can see in this photo I bought for the '84 Fifth Avenue I bought in '92. I also used it in my Cordoba, and now it is in my Newport - for 15 years. :)

IMG_2941.JPG

Yeah Well my 2000 Grand Caravan haz ah stash hole under the radio, but The assembly line gofer-dofer waz lookin' at hiz stash pile when mine came down the line and he'z the one that installs the cup holderz and he missed me and the check off person missed it to when it went out the back door, SHESH.

I've seen it as a "hump console" and on some truck accessory sites. Pickups had bench seats a lot longer. The last generation Impala was the last 6 passenger car with a bench seat.

When these "center consoles" first came out, they were anchored(?) with a small sand bag on each side. The humps were a bit taller and rounder back then. There were also some which were a "center armrest" on a bench seat, too.

In any event, a centralized container of "clutter" items. Some were fancier than others.d

Don't forget about the "bottle holders" that hung from the top of the door trim panel! In an era when people thought they were "cool" if they carried their coffee cup with them where ever they went! Takinig a sip every so often.

CBODY67

Back