GJS's 1967 Dodge Monaco 500: Beverly

GJS

Reaction score
IMG_2408.JPG
IMG_2409.JPG
IMG_2410.JPG
IMG_2411.JPG
She's home. Big and beautiful and I'm totally in love. I don't have much for pics just yet, it took a good 45 minutes to get her off the trailer so I'm just warming up a little before I start picking away. I'll say this from an initial inspection: She's mostly solid and generally straight. Only really ugliness I found was an old silicone job on the rear window .... That's gonna be uglier the more I pick at it. But other than that, it's Just gonna take a lot of love. Thankfully, I'm up for it. Stay tuned for photos and progress.

I've heard the word "unmolested" bandied about a ton. This car exemplifies that. As worn as she is (50 yr old, 100k car) nothing is out of the ordinary. A few grandpa touch ups, the kick down linkage totally not in the right place, the rust (short of around the rear window which hasn't truly been assessed as of yet) is minimal, dents and dings are indicative of a few spatial misjudgments, glass is perfect, chrome is generally good... lotta electrical stuff doesn't work, lots does that I didn't expect.
Best part is that I feel that kinship. She'll be throwing curveballs, no doubt. But as long as I follow through, I'll be riding in style for a very long time.
Awesome day. More to come.

Alright, lemme ask you all, I'm staying with the original 14" rims and covers. My tires are TOAST. Like, I don't really want to back it out of the garage again, toast.
5 new sneakers are in order in the very short term. What are your suggestions for size and brand? Handling and life are the most important.
Thanks!

Great car, glad you got the car home, I know you have been waiting a long time. Wish you the best of luck with it.

My personal choice for street cars are using the largest Michelin tires that will fit...
Ride very well,, quiet, excellent grip, and last a long time...

Sweet, it like Christmas morning for you, when you where a kid, I bet. Glad your initial assessment is good, and she got to you save and sound.

Sweet, it like Christmas morning for you, when you where a kid, I bet. Glad your initial assessment is good, and she got to you save and sound.
Thanks man. It's been fun! Many awesome days ahead!

My personal choice for street cars are using the largest Michelin tires that will fit...
Ride very well,, quiet, excellent grip, and last a long time...
Michelin is always an awesome bet.

Alright, lemme ask you all, I'm staying with the original 14" rims and covers. My tires are TOAST. Like, I don't really want to back it out of the garage again, toast.
5 new sneakers are in order in the very short term. What are your suggestions for size and brand? Handling and life are the most important.
Thanks!
I believe the 14" tire discussion has happened a couple of times. It seems the choices have been very limited. If I can find the post I will attach. I will be watching as I want to stick to 14's when I am done as well

I believe the 14" tire discussion has happened a couple of times. It seems the choices have been very limited. If I can find the post I will attach. I will be watching as I want to stick to 14's when I am done as well
I'll take a look as well tomorrow!

Finding 14 in tires is a challenge for the 65. 225/70/14 is what I have came up with to replace the 8.55 14. What are you guys running?
I found a thread but don't know how to link it on my phone. Search "14 inch tires". And should take you to the conversation.

Back