Glass interchangability

Knebel

Reaction score
I am still looking for a windshield for my 68 fury III 2dr hardtop and I have this guy telling me that "any 65 to 68 2dr/4dr c-body" windshield will fit. Is that true? Why are some windshields 250 bucks then and some are 400, for almost the same car (convertible vs 2dr vs 4dr)? According to this, I could just pick the cheapest one for a 65 to 68 hardtop!?

Does anyone have any info on this, it seems nearly impossible for me to find a reasonable priced windshield. All the glass shops in my area wont even touch a classic car, let alone installing a windshield which isnt glued in....

Typically the wagon and sedan windshields will not work on the hardtops. There are also tinted and non tinted.

Alan

I have several customers that own "glass shops" and do windsheilds. They all claim that my 70 fury vert uses the same windsheild as a 2 door, or four door. And some interchange with dodge and chrysler. Have not pursued yet. Also under $300 tinted.

Last edited:
In the B body world sedans, wagons and verts had a steeper/shorter windshield than the coupes.

I had heard thay, and probably true. I just had started asking for quotes while in the shops and this was a Common answer, that again, for my 70 they were the same from fury to fury. Maybe Chrysler was controlling their own expenses that way? As I have said, come spring will be finding out for sure

image.jpeg
There's a guy selling off some vintage glass on the Detroit Craigslist, might be worth looking into.
Here's one of his ads.
1970 Chrysler WINDSHIELD

1) 4 door hardtop,convertible
2) 2 door fastop and hardtop
3) 4dr sedan and wagon
I replaced my windshield just before Christmas.
Plus did the windshield in the 66 300 4dr sedan the year before
IIRC,most are available in tint only,according to my installer.

1) 4 door hardtop,convertible
2) 2 door fastop and hardtop
3) 4dr sedan and wagon
I replaced my windshield just before Christmas.
Plus did the windshield in the 66 300 4dr sedan the year before
IIRC,most are available in tint only,according to my installer.

This is what I learned when I replaced the windshield on the 4DSD.

I got mine from here:
Vintage Glass

They offered tinted or non-tinted. Follow the guides on the website and submit a price request. It may take a day to get a response. I got impatient and called them, They told me to send them an email through the website. Apparently they don't like the phone or their entire system is based on internet access.

The glass was $275, shipping was $150. Shipped upright in a palletized box from Ontario,CA to Albany,NY.

There was basically nothing left of the pallet/crate but the glass was perfect.

Hope the input helps.

John

Here is a thread I bookmarked from the drydock, supplied by Stitcherbob

Forums / General Tech / Windshield interchange - C-Body DryDock

Here is a rundown of "what fits what" in windshields for the C body years of 65-68:

windshield interchange #640 fits-
65-68 Chrysler sedan & station wagon
65-68 Dodge Polara, Monaco, Custom 880 sedan & wagon
67-68 Imperial 4dr hardtop, 4dr sedan, LeBaron
66-68 Plymouth Fury, VIP sedan & wagon

interchange #641 fits-
65-66 Chrysler hardtop & convertible
67-68 Chrysler conv.
67-68 Chrysler hardtop & 4dr hardtop
65-66 Dodge hardtop & conv.
67-68 Dodge conv., hardtop, 4dr hardtop
67-68 Imperial 2dr, 4dr hardtop, Crown
65-66 Plymouth hardtop & conv.
67-68 Plymouth conv., hardtop except Fast Top

interchange # 642 fits-
67-68 Chrysler 2dr hardtop
67-68 Dodge 2dr hardtop
67-68 Plymouth hardtop Fast Top
67-68 Plymouth VIP

interchange #643 fits-
65-66 Imperial hardtop

interchange # 639 fits-
65-66 Imperial convertible

And for fuselage

glassexch.jpg

Are you saying that the 2dr hardtop interchanges with the fasttop and the 4dr hardtop interchanges with the convertible? I heared that the exact opposite way around. Or that the fastback dosent interchange with any hardtops. For 275 id be in.... I see 700 wherever i specifically look for a 2dr hardtop.

Here are the pages from the NAG book listing by model numbers. This should cover it. This only lists Chrysler and Imperial because I snagged this from the Imperial website.
glass1.jpg
glass2.jpg
glass3.jpg
glass4.jpg
glass5.jpg

Last edited:
That is a big list...and i have no idea what i am looking at there :(. Does it mean that I can pretty much use any 65-68 cbody windshield for a 2dr, 4dr hardtop or fastback? Dodge, chrysler, imperial...dosent matter?

The w692 appears to be specific to the '67/8 fastop.

So...w657 should fit my fury? The 2 door hardtop is never listed as fitting. This is weird, how is the windshield different between 2dr and 4dr? How does it fir a 68 monaco 2dr hardtop but not the fury 2dr hardtop? I am sorry for the stupid questio s but I am severely co fused about what fits and what not, every place I look at has something different listed

Last edited:
I have a used windshield for a 67/68 Fastop.
Driver quality with some minor de-lamination on the bottom.
Free for the taking..heck free room and board if you have to travel across the continenent to come get it
...Sorry me no ship no glass.he heh

BARGE ON A BUDGET 116.jpg

This is right out of the '68 parts book.

image.jpeg

Thank you for posti g that detmatt, I just dont know how to read this, thats my problem, what does the letter for the model application stand for?

Fury III is P-M.

Back