glove box installation

imperial

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new glove box for my '70 new Yorker and I can't figure out how to install it. Does anybody have any recommendations on how to do it?

Welcome!
I did mine with the dash shell out of the car, so was a lot easier. I imagine given that the glovebox is larger than the glovebox door opening and the difficulty of reaching the screw holes between the rear of the dash shell and the heater AC box, that you have a mighty tricky job ahead. Hope someone has a solution

O I pulled mine down in the 500, but it has mold on it so it's a goner anyways. I didn't even start to think about it. And I just installed a windshield, guess I won't be worrying about that for a while.

I recently purchased a new glove box for my '70 new Yorker and I can't figure out how to install it. Does anybody have any recommendations on how to do it?
On my 65 Fury, I took the door off and was able to take it through the front! I later took it out and was able to bring it in from the back/bottom. Might work?

Drop the A/C tube out from under the dash and I'd take the passenger side ashtray out too just to give you a little more room. Install new box from below.

Isn't it cardboard and in two pieces? If so, you just slightly fold and force the upper half in on the diagonal to the dash, and then the lower. If not.....ignore me!

I replaced with new boxes on my 68 Dart and my 71 Cuda many years ago doing this, and yesterday had the OEM box out and back in my 70 300. It's annoying and time consuming and really hard to align the screw holes where the box attaches to the dash frame top and bottom, but it's all doable with a stubby Phillips.

Back