GM Road Wheels

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Cruisin the CL ads and came across this pic of a '74 Caprice.

Look at the wheels. Identical to our Road Wheels only with the 4 3/4" GM bolt pattern. Interesting....
The front is missing the trim ring but you can see it on the rear rim.

5I85G25S03L83F33H4ca89cad8a09946c1e32.jpg

5I85G25S03L83F33H4ca89cad8a09946c1e32.jpg

Last edited:
Noticed this design on some van from the 90s I think, don't remember the make but no Mopar product.

Full size GM cars used a 5 x 5 bolt pattern for a time. I know my '79 Buick Electra had 5 x 5 wheels and also some of the station wagons from that era used them. The car pictured was from the previous generation and I think all of those B and C body GM fullsizers from '71 to '76 used a 5 inch bolt spacing. I don't know about pre-'71 models. In '77 with the downsized B and C bodies, only the C-bodies (Olds 98, Buick Electra, Cadillac) and station wagons had the large bolt pattern wheels. As was said, those are GM light truck wheels.

Dam Chevy guys.... LOL

I drove Jezabelle buy the local custom shop to show off a little..... My friend came out and said... OH, look.... Chevy truck wheels....
:BangHead:

You want talent?
Find it here at FCBO.

Well, beginning in 1995 I administered the Oldsmobile mailing list back in the pre-message board days. It was the source for all kinds of Olds and GM info. At its pinnacle we had over 600 members and it was not unusual to have over 100 messages a day. The amount of information those members provided was unreal, and I learned a lot. Iit was used (not by me) to create the Olds FAQ which then became the Olds Wiki. This concept would be great for C-bodies or any other make/model, for that matter.

http://oldsmobilewiki.com/index.php/Category:Top_level

That must have taken a lot of work. Good job. I'm impressed!
So you are the go-to guy next time I come across my dream 64 Starfire 4 speed, huh?
3273.jpg

I don't know much about '64 Starfires unfortunately. I do have a buddy on the west coast with a pair of '66 Starfires though, and have know a great fellow in Rhode Island who has a '61 Starfire convertible that still has the original convertible top complete with silver accent strips on either side.

Full size GM cars used a 5 x 5 bolt pattern for a time. I know my '79 Buick Electra had 5 x 5 wheels and also some of the station wagons from that era used them. The car pictured was from the previous generation and I think all of those B and C body GM fullsizers from '71 to '76 used a 5 inch bolt spacing. I don't know about pre-'71 models. In '77 with the downsized B and C bodies, only the C-bodies (Olds 98, Buick Electra, Cadillac) and station wagons had the large bolt pattern wheels. As was said, those are GM light truck wheels.

I would say they would be van wheels, as the only 1/2 ton GM pickup or Blazer wheels that I have ever encountered through the '70s, '80s and '90s were 6 lug...:eusa_think:

OK. 5 inch then. I stand corrected.
So those would fit on an Imp. eh? :weg:

From a bolt circle perspective...it should. As I recall, the GM truck wheels were wider than Mopar offerings (like 8 inch wide?) so there may be trouble with the offset and tires rubbing under fender skirts.

...wider than Mopar offerings (like 8 inch wide?) so there may be trouble with the offset and tires rubbing under fender skirts.
That's what I keep telling these young'ns but, no, they want that "awesome" wide tire....

Back