Going Down?

Stormer

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Installed the 3" lowering blocks this weekend/week. What a huge improvement in the stance. Now to crank the front down. I don't think I'll be satisfied with 3" lower though. She's probly gonna need to go down another 2" or so. We'll see how she looks once the front goes down. Pics are terrible...
Side.jpgRear.jpgBlock.jpgBolt.jpg

Side.jpg

Rear.jpg

Block.jpg

Bolt.jpg

Excellent, I can't wait to see more of it once the front is cranked down.

Which car is this? I keep losing track....Is this the red one in your Avatar? If so, it looks like you've done a lot of work!

So when can I take delivery, Ross?
Come on up for a cruise anytime, Zac.

Which car is this? I keep losing track....Is this the red one in your Avatar? If so, it looks like you've done a lot of work!
This is the 72 Imp that I imported from Canada. Original interior with a 30 year old respray in the original Burnished Red Metallic. This is also the car that I'm hoping to get the Autotemp working on.

The red 73 that's my avatar is a pretty major project but moving along slowly.

You can see the red car's reflection in the pictures of the burnished red car.

Ahha, I see the torpedo heater. It's frickin cold here as well. Nice Imp!
Thanks!

It took me a few minutes to get motivated today cuz the floor was reeeal cold.... I have the plastic up so I'm only heating a small center section of my place & it heats up quick. Took a little while to warm the floor up today though.

Disclaimer: The lowrider is not my thing at all.

Having said that, I think it's low enough.. I say this for two reasons:

1) leaving it where it is will give you some road clearance and drive-ability...once the torsion bars are cranked down a lot of the ride quality/ drive-ability will go away as it is. Therefore, by avoiding cranking things down another two inches would salvage as best possible the steering geometry. Bottoming things out will make it a real pain to drive and diminish enjoyment...let's face it, these are massive cars and the roads are far from perfect- it's going to need SOME suspension for it.

2) the fuselage design visual is such that even though the car isn't bottomed out, it LOOKs bottomed out.

I think that's probably the best compromise without investing massive $$$ into a complete air bag retrofit. Plus it's reversible if you want to sell.

Last edited:
I can add a third to that list:

3) I added the throttle body fuel injection & there are 2 new fuel lines running the entire length of the car.

While not a Mopar, a friend had a 64 Cadillac, black, lowered, lake pipes & wire wheels. This was back in the mid 80's. He had hydraulics on the front. I had a blast cruising in that car. He had it in a few car shows & did well. It stinks that bagging your car is so expensive. Bagged that would be the bees knees, as they say. Way cool as it is though.

The plan was for bags but narrowing the frame was a deal killer after the Polara started sucking up cash.

...but they are all right side up:poke:
photo 1(2).jpg

Here's what happens if I just upload the photo from my iphone or ipad.

To get them oriented correctly, I have to open them in photoshop & save them from there.

photo 1(2).jpg

Back