Going to look at another beater

monaco75

Reaction score
The madness may continue lol. Going to check this out Saturday. A ‘78 Magnum XE 360 car. Sabrina is pretty interested in it.

Interior looks pretty clean! Plus it looks like a factory triple Black car. Couple red flags I see so far. 2 big concerning ones are-

Aftermarket sunroof installed. Not too big on this. Depending on shape it’s in, more then likely it needs to be removed.

See some rot under the vinyl top. Common problem for sure, but won’t know the extent of it till seeing it.

The quarters have some rot. These don’t bug me as much as the roof... Judging by the way the pics are taken, I can only assume the deck lid has the common rust as well. I’m sure the trunk floor needs love too.

I’m pretty rehearsed in these after having the Cordoba. Is there anything else I should be on the lookout for on these?

From what I see, I’m thinking this is a northern car that made its way south down here to FL. Judging by the quarter rust... depending on price it may be a worth while.

Seller claims it runs and drives. He replaced all the brake system components in the last year or 2.

DEB0BB29-175D-4890-8106-BC81C4AF0703.jpeg
B7203165-A634-4467-BB97-AB188DC5368C.jpeg
71C5A326-EF43-4A7B-B762-3E8DABD7BAC1.jpeg
120AAD33-D600-4B46-BC6B-7D8D60529717.jpeg
D3B76872-0A7B-426C-A168-7CFD1046B6F0.jpeg
081456FE-3EE4-4C96-AAFF-536A05D17DD9.jpeg
5E4EED47-C244-4882-AD3E-36F86CBC20A7.jpeg
3CB355B8-6177-416F-B998-80DE3F105675.jpeg
506B7209-B3B1-4186-82F5-EC7429C348A5.jpeg

Is that actually a sunroof, or just where the vinyl top has eroded?

If it isnt a factory sunroof.....

Take it out and and put a metal patch and then a new vinyl top. Or do a really good job with the metal patch and then 2 tone paint the top.

Damn, you just hate to see an empty spot in that garage, don't you?:lol:

Shoot, the garage is already full! May have to get another set of dollies! LOL.

The Caravelle has been giving some fits lately. I am quite a bit more comfortable working on this then the caravelle. Surprisingly Sabrina seemed very interested in it. Could may be a new daily beater for her if it goes through..

Hell ya!! Full that garbage.. lol. I see an early 70s charger or Sebring and also a Belvidere in his garage. :eek:

He does seem to have a few toys. This was a Facebook find. Looks like he’s been trying to sell it for 2 years now. Price keeps dropping. Guys down here are deathly afraid of any kind of rust, so more then likely they run as soon as they see the quarters. This could be good or bad...

Is that actually a sunroof, or just where the vinyl top has eroded?

It’s hard to see, but it’s there behind that wonderful vinyl.

If it isnt a factory sunroof.....

Take it out and and put a metal patch and then a new vinyl top. Or do a really good job with the metal patch and then 2 tone paint the top.

I’m of the same thought process Bob! Depending on what shape it’s in..

Monaco your inbox is full

if you need any Magnum parts I have some NOS and used

Thank you! I’ll get to emptying it! It always does that, and I never see it.

Well that was a big pass! Seller was a nice guy. Car is toast. K member rotted, floors gone. Interior looks nice, but is completely dry rotted. Seats wanted to tear from just my hand leaning on em. Will make someone a parts car for something..

So what did the seller want for it..?

He was asking $1500. After he saw I was not interested he said he’d go down to $1200. I saw a $400 car personally. There was a core motor and trans there at least.... I didn’t even here it run, as after seeing the body and frame I had no intentions for it.... He offered for me to start it, but I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time any more...

Back