Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine.

A kind member alerted me to it this Thursday morning. I talked to the seller twice the same day. Looks like it was originally from Maine. Car claimed to have no rust, unworn original interior, original everything. 77k miles. Had not run for years but likely to. It was, IMHO, most likely the real deal. Still, I waited because I wanted more photos. It sold 10' after I had my second long talk with the seller. 2-door Chryslers and Plymouths are not my favorites, so that's OK.

00707_5taQYjCo0NJ_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_j8HCnmpXDmG_1200x900.jpg

01414_3SwZdl06sdd_1200x900.jpg

00Q0Q_7Zxh6XczMMW_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_5Tmsu6vOtSK_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_bw7AJa9zZ87_1200x9005.jpg

00n0n_heWvG1SnsjB_1200x9004.jpg

00u0u_5Kp3pCgXEVh_1200x9002.jpg

Has a fair amount of rust under that vinyl.... this car was discussed here at length a few years ago.

@Rwc and @MOVE N UP -- can you point me to the right thread? I'd searched before talking to him and did not find anything. Thx!

PS: this one?

Last edited:
Thx for the quick reply. I found this 2015 thread by searching for "rust" and your FCBO handle but I don't know if it is the same car. Let me know either way, pls?

For Sale - 1971 New Yorker 2 Door - Again

The Northwood, NH car apparently sold yesterday, so I am not interested in the car per se anymore. I ALMOST pulled the trigger, but a combination of factors made me wait (work needs me including Saturday, I have another potential deal underway, and now that the weather is letting up I have a date with Medina this Sunday).

Still, I would like to know if things were misrepresented to me on the phone. I checked my hand notes, I was told "all original" and "no rust" by the seller yesterday. I specifically asked about rust around the Dutchman panel and under the vinyl roof -- I was told there was none.

The ad states: "I have an original 1971 Chrysler New Yorker that's been stored for years. The car is all original, the paint, vinyl top and interior are also all original. It has the factory 440 with 727 automatic, very solid, great one for cruising." The seller sounded honest, but the paint can't be original if the car is an accident survivor, as you say it is.

Can you pls confirm?

Last edited:
If that was in an accident, it looks like it was repaired professionally. It appears incredibly straight. Interesting car, 4485 1971 New Yorker coupes produced, I'm told. Most were fairly decked out. This one has no power windows, A/C or cornering lights. It does have the great optional high back all vinyl buckets, in white no less! There is no pic of the entire radiator, but it looks to be the smaller 22". I thought all '71 440's came with the 26"? Perhaps due to the lack of A/C?

The standard split back bench seat (2drs only) would have single wide bottom and both materials cloth and vinyl.

If that was in an accident, it looks like it was repaired professionally. It appears incredibly straight. Interesting car, 4485 1971 New Yorker coupes produced, I'm told. Most were fairly decked out. This one has no power windows, A/C or cornering lights. It does have the great optional high back all vinyl buckets, in white no less! There is no pic of the entire radiator, but it looks to be the smaller 22". I thought all '71 440's came with the 26"? Perhaps due to the lack of A/C?

Correct. Non AC cars 22inch radiator

Same seller.

On the one hand, he’s posted info on the weatherstripping and added some of the pictures I had requested that he send me. On the other hand... Some, but not all. I’d asked for photos of the Dutchman panel and of the areas around the wheels. No such luck. Wonder why.

Sorry I haven't found my pics I took for you. If he starts sending pics of specific areas ask tor some on the drivers side of the body moulding. Make sure they are close ups. You need to look at the top edge .

Same seller.

On the one hand, he’s posted info on the weatherstripping and added some of the pictures I had requested that he send me. On the other hand... Some, but not all. I’d asked for photos of the Dutchman panel and of the areas around the wheels. No such luck. Wonder why.

Same seller.

my guess is:
He got many calls /contacts regarding the car when it was on craigslist for 6500$.
Now he wants to get the highest Dollar out of it and dreams of a bidding war.

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back