Gonna get dual exhaust on my 66 windsor...

Cartel

Reaction score
I'm looking for info please, I want dual 2.5" exhaust and I wonder what mounts to the exhaust manifold. Also if anyone knows what size hole it coming out the the exhaust manifold, can I even put 2.5" pipes on it.
I'm not sure what condition my hardware is there. I want to have them if mine turn out to be dogmeat, I need to be prepared with a replacement.

Do I need these pictured in 2.5"? Can the stock ones be welded to?
I just dont want my car on the hoist or outside waiting for a unobtainium part because then I'm gonna be pissed.

thank you

s-l1600.jpg

Your best bet is get a2.5 inch system with all the hardware and mufflers from TTI.
They will need your manifold casting numbers.
The outlet on lo-po log manifold is 2 25
Tti matches that up to their 2.5 aluminized pipe.
I had done several C body TTi installs and they fit very well.
The H pipe evens out the tone and the note is quiter than you would expect.
You can deal with them directly and use an American shipping address to save big bux, or find a BC TTi dealet that will drop ship....not cheap.
Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply,

That sounds great but the border and the robbery involved, shipping then labour to install is way too much for my budget. I got a custom exhaust shop here that will bend all the pipe, I'm probably going to get glasspacks on backwards in place of the mufflers.
I just want to make his job easier and have anything he needs. maybe the hangers and the rubbers would be useful.
I think I'll just get him to cut the stock pipes off close to the engine and then weld onto those...all the old timers around here are retired, I was lucky to get my radiator recored cause he retired the last few months too. There was a shop that had old stock of everything back to flatheads but he passed away and who knows where it all went.

I vote TTI. I routinely pick up parts across the border, I have no issues. Saves me money by picking up, as shipping is free or very cheap within the continental US. The border is only 7% tax.
But it sounds like you have it figured out.
Your exhaust guy will start with smaller pipe for ease of install and then if he is honest, will increase the size at the transmission area.

If your engine is stock and you do not have any plans for an upgrade, you don't need 2.5 inch pipes. 2.25 would be fine. I doubt you would feel any power difference going to the larger pipes.

Your best bet is get a2.5 inch system with all the hardware and mufflers from TTI.
They will need your manifold casting numbers.
The outlet on lo-po log manifold is 2 25
Tti matches that up to their 2.5 aluminized pipe.
I had done several C body TTi installs and they fit very well.
The H pipe evens out the tone and the note is quiter than you would expect.
You can deal with them directly and use an American shipping address to save big bux, or find a BC TTi dealet that will drop ship....not cheap.
Hope this helps.
Does TTI system come with stock mufflers, or do you need to spec them out when ordering the exhaust?

Does TTI system come with stock mufflers, or do you need to spec them out when ordering the exhaust?
Their systems come with Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers.
You can order the system without mufflers if you prefer something else.
Personally, I am really happy with their mufflers. No drone, quiet at highway speeds yet have a nice burble.
They do have a nice growl under moderate acceleration.

I prefer having the turndown tips and just under 2 inches out or flush with the TOP of the rear bumper.

20210808_132208.jpg

linky to TTi..
65-73 C-body Exhaust Systems
I installed mine in a day.
Lay out the entire system on the floor before you begin to ensure everything is there and correct.
Start from the back work your way forward.
Tip: order hanger brackets for both sides.
If you car is factory single exhaust.
You may have to drill a couple holes at the crossmember near the shocks..no biggie.
Some tweaking of the tailpipe hangers may be needed but for the most part it fits very well.

linky to TTi..
65-73 C-body Exhaust Systems
I installed mine in a day.
Lay out the entire system on the floor before you begin to ensure everything is there and correct.
Start from the back work your way forward.
Tip: order hanger brackets for both sides.
If you car is factory single exhaust.
You may have to drill a couple holes at the crossmember near the shocks..no biggie.
Some tweaking of the tailpipe hangers may be needed but for the most part it fits very well.
Thank you. Your Newport looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

If you go with your guy in Chilliwack bending the system, get him to source the Data Bend Cards to do it right. Walker, Maremont, and all the companies still have them. You just gotta get them to dig around for them.

All of the TTI systems I've heard on YouTube sound too "clacky." Is that a function of the Dynomax mufflers? I imagine I want mufflers that dampen all frequencies above 100hz, so there is nothing but a rumble. I really don't want to hear the higher overtones that growl. Maybe I need to find some Walker OEM replacements somewhere to go with the TTI pipes??

If you go with your guy in Chilliwack bending the system, get him to source the Data Bend Cards to do it right. Walker, Maremont, and all the companies still have them. You just gotta get them to dig around for them.
thank you.
for factory bends? does this info cost money? I'm not really worried about period correct or oem, I'd be nice if he could use factory provided mounting points, I wouldnt want self tapper thru the floor or frame
I will mention it to him, I'm going to point out some of my concerns and see what he needs like the flanges and such. Personally I never studied any exhausts so I apologize if I'm asking questions that are common knowledge for an exhaust guy.

I ordered a couple Thrush 24214 Glass Packs which I will flip backwards otherwise it gets all firecracky on decel, I like a throaty decel sound with out the pops crap I just realized they are not cupped inside...

Last edited:
Back