Good day today

Senator Leahy

Reaction score
Found out the alternator NAPA sold me the first time around was the wrong one, swapped it for a new one and she's charging at 14.6 volts! Even did the ammeter bypass

Pulled out the wiring harness for the third time and put in some new fuse clips in the stock fuse block and everything is working like it should.

Got my rebuilt heater/AC switch back from Anthony Powell and we're blowing air. But I think the AC needs to be charged or serviced cuz no cold but whatever, gonna be cruising with all the windows down all the time anyways :)

Now it's time to change to u joints from the old rag joint steering and get old blue back on the road. Today was a good day, working on the car, hungover on 4/20.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

photo_001.jpg

Yes it is, still have to fix a tail light connector, turn signal bulbs, and a few other minor electrical things but the thing I'm most happy about is the alternator is charging for the first time since I bought the car. That feels really good. Going to wire in a volt meter to keep an eye on things.

Gonna check all the brakes, make sure they are all in good working order which will be another learning experience since I have never done brakes before. Looking forward to it. And everything else will be cosmetics, paint, interior, and upholstery until one day I can save enough money to do some serious engine work, intake, exhaust, valves, heads, the list goes on.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Congrats on great progress. I was hung over on 4-19 but I know the cure and it's related to 4:20...

Back