For Sale GORGEOUS 1966 Imperial Crown Convertible / On eBay (not mine) / Located in Southern California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxam

Reaction score
Contact seller
I created the ebay ad for a good friend of mine who owns this Imperial Crown Convertible. He is an elderly gentleman who is not on a computer much. The car is fabulous and not inexpensive. Please, no comments on pricing. If it is out of your price range or you 'feel' it is not priced correctly then just move on. I would have added more photos but they are too large. They look great in the eBay ad though. Thank you!

eBay link: 1966 Chrysler Imperial Imperial Crown Convertible | eBay

Ad Copy:

1966 Chrysler Imperial Crown Convertible - Rare & Absolutely Gorgeous!

After six years of supremely pleasurable ownership this exquisite vehicle is now for sale by the current owner. The rarest of the rare! 1966 was the last year of the Imperial Crown Convertible with the wrap-around front windshield combined with the powered vent wings. This was also the last year of the dedicated Imperial platform with the longer wheelbase. Additionally, this well preserved Imperial is presented in a high-quality respray of the original rarely seen Sequoia Green. The photos do not do justice to this beautiful dark emerald green hue (will work on getting some direct sunlight photos shortly).

> > ONLY 514 1966 Imperial Crown Convertibles were ever built! < <

Step inside this time machine and experience a level of luxury that had Lincoln and Cadillac trembling!
You can spend hours feasting your eyes on all of the details that are exclusive to this car. Yes, it has the twin 24k real gold bands around the perimeter of the headlight covers! Yes, it has the ultra-rare green boots that cover the convertible top when it is folded down! The interior seating surfaces are NEW and professionally installed using beautifully dyed LEATHER with all new foam cushions (cost: $7000). The very rare (only offered for two years) Claro Walnut interior trim is in beautiful condition. Look at the photos - the interior is a masterpiece! The translucent green steering wheel (with the optional Tilt & Telescope feature) is your first clue that they don't make cars like this anymore. Observe the gorgeous contoured front seat backs with wood inlays. The warm color of the wood really looks terrific against the emerald green of the interior. Both front seats are power operated and the passenger seat fully reclines.

The white power convertible top was replaced approximately ten years ago and is in very good condition. The 350 horsepower 440-4V is always kept in a high state of tune and moves this road king with authority. The original CertiCare card is still under the hood. This Crown Imperial Convertible is part of a small collection and stored indoors. The only reason for sale is an upcoming retirement and reduction of vehicles in preparation for an out of state move. It is well sorted and driven regularly. It is an absolute joy to drive. Be prepared for plenty of thumbs up from everyone who's sees you motoring in this grand touring machine!

* SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL USA IS INCLUDED if purchased at the asking price! *

_BOB7761.jpg

Last edited:
Stunning! Love that interior. Fantastic photography except that I can't tell what color the car is. It looks like a very dark charcoal grey in the photos but I see that it is really a very dark green from you post. Someone who knows these cars and appreciates them will understand that it would cost more to restore one.

Stunning! Love that interior. Fantastic photography except that I can't tell what color the car is. It looks like a very dark charcoal grey in the photos but I see that it is really a very dark green from you post. Someone who knows these cars and appreciates them will understand that it would cost more to restore one.

Thank you and I agree, it would be very easy to pay more to restore an Imperial Convertible than the asking price of this car. There is so much hard to find trim and miles of paint, interior and mechanical! On the paint color - the depth and hue of the Sequoia Green is hard to capture without having the sun reflected in the paint as part of the photograph. I intend to take more photos of the paint and of the car with the top up next week.

And thank you to everyone else for your positive comments. Stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back