Gorgeous Black C Body

Dodgy Dick

Reaction score
Hi Guys n Gals,
Some time back there was a post about and or of a beautiful black C body image/photo.
The writer said after he saw this pic he had to have one. I think it was an early 70's C model.
Ok, so, I'm sure somebody in these forums will pin point the car/image/brochure I am trying to recollect.
I'm looking forward to all your input, this exercise will be rewarding, we should get some interesting pics and and points of view!
Dodgy Dick

Brents X 69 Monaco in Canada.
Steves cool 70 Monaco in Colorado.

The sweet Demon 70 Polara convertible in Florida

The 71 Monaco that went overseas because I was a fool.

Steves beautiful 73 Monaco wagon in California ....

The 71 GT that was for sale in Ohio a few September's ago..

The 70 Fury ragtop on e bay right now.

Probably several Chrysler's I can't recall...

Not a lot of black cars

No, it's the one Critter posted. The rendering of the Fury GT.

You mean this one?
IMG_3829.JPG

I always think of this one because it only stayed posted less than a week and disappeared in 2014, original ad picture.

upload_2017-6-15_7-49-12.jpeg

Now I see it in England for sale.

Chrysler32-500x375.jpg

If I could, I'd buy it. I passed on a triple white one years ago and missed this one because I procrastinated.

I know they're not most folk's favorite on here but I love them.

It is a "fuselage era" model.....yet looks the least of the fuselage design. I know the hard and fast reasons why that is, but I wonder if it could have been executed more....."smoothly"..."seamlessly", less "abruptly".
Monday morning quarter back I suppose.

It is a "fuselage era" model.....yet looks the least of the fuselage design. I know the hard and fast reasons why that is, but I wonder if it could have been executed more....."smoothly"..."seamlessly", less "abruptly".

Along with man's place in the universe, I've pondered the same thing.

Interesting side bar... remember I pondered the existence of a '72 300? (in terms of designs/sketches/clay). I was lucky enough to speak with Chet Limbaugh and he confirms the cancellation for '72 was pretty last minute, so they probably existed.

Along with man's place in the universe, I've pondered the same thing.

Interesting side bar... remember I pondered the existence of a '72 300? (in terms of designs/sketches/clay). I was lucky enough to speak with Chet Limbaugh and he confirms the cancellation for '72 was pretty last minute, so they probably existed.
Yeh, I've thought about that too...72' 300, what that might look like. Would love to see one just "appear" one day.

Funny you should say this. I was astonished at the number of parts the '73 has that are taken from the '69-'71 models part numbers and all. In '72 the skin changed, but the bones didn't really turn into something different until '74. I agree, I think the "sexyness" of the earlier fuselage design is less evident in the '72-'73 models, but they are attractive none the less. In fact, the Newport Navajo is on my "to own' bucket list. I'd love to see what a '72 300 would have looked like perhaps with a "Monaco" styled hidden headlight design.

Funny you should say this. I was astonished at the number of parts the '73 has that are taken from the '69-'71 models part numbers and all. In '72 the skin changed, but the bones didn't really turn into something different until '74. I agree, I think the "sexyness" of the earlier fuselage design is less evident in the '72-'73 models, but they are attractive none the less. In fact, the Newport Navajo is on my "to own' bucket list. I'd love to see what a '72 300 would have looked like perhaps with a "Monaco" styled hidden headlight design.

I made this one day when I was bored...

image003.jpg@01D2E5DA.jpeg

Whenever I see a 73' NY'r I see two different cars. That said it is still
a handsome car but I will admit it "grew" on me. I guess one could say it is attractive in its own way....as the previous model year(s)speak
"Fuselage" from end to end. Perhaps this is tribute to the designers in that some how they made the language exist together without clashing, although from some angles it comes close IMHO...in fact looks odd. But that is just my opinion. The 73 is a "hybrid". At some point however Chrysler has to sell the cars it manufactures (manufactured) so I guess what they settled with is what they settled with.

Back