Got a new ride again

nitoh

Reaction score
Its not a real station wagon, but it looks like SUV-Station. I've bought a 81' Jeep Cherokee Chief in Minnesota. I think on the End of Februar the car will be here in Germany.
dance.gif

Here is the text from the add:
It was purchased April 2000 from TX as a rust free SUV and ongoing project vehicle. Besides being the "on going project" it has had two major improvement periods. The body and interior were completely restored in late 2002. It had the original basic tan jeep color reapplied in base coat/clear coat but, in addition, used a custom Cherokee Chief theme done in dark brown with "401 Cherokee added in anticipation of further improvements. The interior was also restored. The carpeting and upholstery was removed for new interior paint and bed liner on floor. Replacement carpet was added, seats were reupholstered, steering column rebuilt, instrument cluster bezel changed and new stereo/speaker system. She has always been garaged but since then she has been stored during the winter. In 2009 she underwent MAJOR mechanical improvements and restoration. The chassis and axles were removed, sandblasted and painted using a naval grade coating and chassis black. The under body was cleaned, prepped and painted in OEM tan. Following is a "partial" list of the improvements. I have a folder 1 ¼" thick of receipts so I'll cover the major items. Install rebuilt 1976 401 cid V8, (Performer intake/carb, roller timing set, Lunati RV cam, MSD ignition andDoug Thorley Tri-Y headers) 3" custom exhaust with hi-flow cat and 40 series Flowmaster, (nice-not obnoxious) Replace/rebuild motor accessories Four core radiator Rebuild AMC/727 transmission, install shift kit and new torque converter Rebuild 208 transfer case Rebuild both axles, (front Dana 44, rear AMC 20), replace OEM 3.31 gears with 3.73 and install front and rear Detroit Tru-Trac differentials All Mobil synthetic oils Replace all U-joints/CV joints. Replace steering components from ball joints back to steering column. New brake calipers, rotors, drums, cylinders and hardware. Replace OEM brake/fuel/trans lines with fitted S.S. tubing Install new 2" spring suspension lift with longer shocks. We have used it very little since the paint work and even less so since the mechanical restoration, maybe as little as 5000 miles in last 4 four years.
Here some pics:
http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/nitoh/81er Cherokee Chief/

and a little video:
http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/nitoh/?action=view¤t=DSCN1701_zpsd67435a5.mp4

Happy new year to all!!!!!

Congrats, I like it! It's a coupe no less

Reminds me of "Man's favorite Sport" with Rock Hudson and Paula Prentiss. Like these early Wagoneers and especially the Super Wagoneers of around 1967.

i185640.jpg

i185640.jpg

It is already done I guess if the date on the pics is right, and I think it's already on its way to Germany.

Yes date on the pics are right, the restauration is arround 5-6 years old, not driven very much in this years, arround 5000mls.
The car goes on the way to Germany I think in the middle of january. Will be in Germany on the end of Februar.

Loooooooooong time to wait!:sad11: :icon_smile:

Now that is a very cool Jeep!! My old man always had Jeeps wagoneers, chiefs etc. I spent much of my childhood riding around in thoses jeeps. But the 2dr chiefs were always rare, and that one is a beauty!! Congrats on your purchase...I'm a more then a little jealous.

Nice truck, is that a good price? Looks to be to me but I dont know a damn thing about them

Now that is a very cool Jeep!! My old man always had Jeeps wagoneers, chiefs etc. I spent much of my childhood riding around in thoses jeeps. But the 2dr chiefs were always rare, and that one is a beauty!! Congrats on your purchase...I'm a more then a little jealous.

Thanks!!!!

Back