Got my 71 Newp Custom on show stand!!

Golden Banana

Reaction score
The Classic Car and Restoration Show here in England is held in Birmingham at the NEC (national exhibition centre)
It features many makes over 7 halls with autojumble and resto parts/products, and some car program tv presenters doing live chats.t
here are about 5 American stands which feature about 7-10 cars per stand, Mustang club , corvettes club, pre 50's and so on along with
Classic American magazine which incidentally has a 70 4dr hardtop Newport on its front cover this month!

I spent all day there on the 'Can Am' stand overseeing the cars and chatting to folk about them ....and trying not to choke on my
sandwich at peeps whos first glance provokes an open mouthed 'Look at the F***in siza that!!'
....they are of course referring to my Newport and not my sandwich.

I spoke to three owners of C bodies yesterday which was nice! 70 Sport Fury, 70 Newport hardtop and 70 New Yorker hardtop!
I'm back there manning the stand tomorrow so hopefully might make some new connections!

Heres a pic or two

WP_20151112_002.jpgWP_20151112_003.jpg

This was the set up day if you were wondering why the public weren't bustling about!
....note the 3 wheeler Robin Reliant section in front of my car fondly known as 'plastic pigs'
here in England!

WP_20151112_002.jpg

WP_20151112_003.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics. Take also notice of These insane Reliant three wheelers on the other side. ;)

Yours is one of the standout fuselage cars on this forum IMO. Well done! And what are those annoying little thing across the isle from you???:poke:

Yours is one of the standout fuselage cars on this forum IMO. Well done! And what are those annoying little thing across the isle from you???:poke:

Reliant three wheelers. Insane as I said before. Admit it, you want one.

th.jpg

th.jpg

....and thats exactly what they were famous for doing back in the day
....that and being the star car in tje tv show 'only fools and horses'
Thankyou for the kind words guys! i can tell you this, the English enthusiasts
Are really coming round to our way of thinking!
I was taken a back how well the car was recieved .....ot was of course the only
One there!!
QUOTE=69monaco;302097]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8 :icon_mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

That means alot thankyou very much!
QUOTE=detmatt;302034]Yours is one of the standout fuselage cars on this forum IMO. Well done! And what are those annoying little thing across the isle from you???:poke:[/QUOTE]

Any time they had a Reliant Robin on Top Gear it was pee you pants funny.

The caravan/ camper abuse one's are a close second.

Congrats

Back