grail found! (broadcast sheet anyway) 68' Newport bucket seats

Mike McGuire

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Behind the back seat. Never thought I would find one since the fender tag is gone.

Needless to say, I'm stoked.

Car(Rupert) is flying back together, might look OK with the grill blacked out...
What do you think?
m4.jpg
m5.jpg
m3.jpg

Great that you found the build sheet!:thumbsup:
And keep the grille stock as it left the factory.

I have quite a few extra grills, might do an experiment with a lesser specimen, just to see... I'll post both for a vote later.

Behind the back seat. Never thought I would find one since the fender tag is gone.

Needless to say, I'm stoked.

Car(Rupert) is flying back together, might look OK with the grill blacked out...
What do you think?View attachment 191918 View attachment 191919 View attachment 191920

Hey! Way-ta-go on finding that build sheet. It adds to the value of the car. Also, I think there is somebody around the MOPAR world who reproduces fender tags - perhaps from build sheets -, but I don't remember anything about him. Was your car originally painted Turbine Bronze? Looks like it was a neat color, regardless.

Thanks, pretty sure it was a metallic red of sorts, perhaps turbine bronze is correct, although black primer when I got it. I do like that other color though... maybe someday. My goal is to get it running and drive it for the summer, and refine it/repaint in 2020 or so.

Thanks, pretty sure it was a metallic red of sorts, perhaps turbine bronze is correct, although black primer when I got it. I do like that other color though... maybe someday. My goal is to get it running and drive it for the summer, and refine it/repaint in 2020 or so.
Turbine bronze is a beauty of a color. My car had one in the top and bottom of the rear seats. How about showing us more of your car.

FCBO.... here she is....
m6.jpg

b1.jpg

We unsprung the springs and disconnected a few others and carefully removed the cherished relic...... (now what?)
For instance, under 'tilt & tele strg wheel' there is a "9"... Does the presence of any number mean that the car has that option, (which it does) and the number itself designate where the builder can find the part in inventory, or does the "9" mean a certain color, etc..?
Dual exhaust is a "0", but the car looks like it has original dual exhaust
radio is a "2"..... any help is appreciated. Thanks Mike

Turbine bronze is a beauty of a color. My car had one in the top and bottom of the rear seats. How about showing us more of your car.

4bl carb, AC, bucket seats, great condition all around. Had a somewhat bent frame, like dude landed a-la 'the dukes of hazard' (wicked hard), which was sold to me (sight unseen albeit) as 'cosmetic damage only'. I wasn't going to take 2 days off and $pend dough visiting a relatively low $$$ car, so I took him on his word. After I got the car delivered, an inspection revealed the steering bar was touching the oil pan, something that did not exist on my convertible of the same year. I had a body-man look at it and confirmed the frame was wracked around the front, much. So, I figured I'd part it out...... 3 years later,(2018), as the parts were coming off, I was impressed at how rust free they were, bumper, hood, fenders, etc. so I pursued a gifted frame straightener, Phil, from Shirley Mass, who was able to fix it real good. So, now I'm going to get it on the road & am jacked to do so. Passenger door is a pea green 67 or earlier, interior trim doesn't match the other door or surroundings. I figure that is why dude painted Rupert black primer. I think it had a vinyl top, but not sure until I get to the bottom of the broadcast sheet deciphering. Mike

Just found this listing of Chrysler broadcast sheet information which may assist you, assuming the sheet you found is correct for your car as the workers sometimes put any sheet in a vehicle.

Www.themoparshop.com/shop/userDocs/options.htm

Thanks but, I can't seem to understand how the web page and the sheet line up.
Rear spring left 354, rear spring right 354, dual exhaust under # 390 = "0", not sure what the "0" signifies..... etc.

FCBO.... here she is....View attachment 192630

View attachment 192625
We unsprung the springs and disconnected a few others and carefully removed the cherished relic...... (now what?)
For instance, under 'tilt & tele strg wheel' there is a "9"... Does the presence of any number mean that the car has that option, (which it does) and the number itself designate where the builder can find the part in inventory, or does the "9" mean a certain color, etc..?
Dual exhaust is a "0", but the car looks like it has original dual exhaust
radio is a "2"..... any help is appreciated. Thanks Mike

A broadcast sheet contains administrative items (VIN, SHIPPING ORDER, and some handling information), option numbers and assembly or part numbers (BUILD CODES) So different sections of the sheets will contain different info.

While they serve some, limited, guidance, online decoders rarely break out the options by year or fully describe what items came in that option package for a specific make and model. (A radio group for a Valiant will contain different items than a radio group for an Imperial.)

A good broadcast sheet decode usually has to rely on several sources, some reverse engineering, sometimes a little intuition, and cross references to other sheets.

Reason 1,573 why people need to save more documentation from all cars: to help with decodes just like this.

Thanks but, I can't seem to understand how the web page and the sheet line up.
Rear spring left 354, rear spring right 354, dual exhaust under # 390 = "0", not sure what the "0" signifies..... etc.

354 is the last three digits of the part number. Potentially 2808 354
could be an if/then notification. IF this code, THEN install these parts. If the assembly person sees the 0 code, they know to grab parts A and B. If they see a 1 code, they know to use parts B, C and D.

OK..., well that makes the most sense so far. Thanks a heap 69CoronetRT!
The assumption that, the presence of a number/letter/combo under the heading means the car has those components & the number/L/c itself is foreign to us outsiders, sounds like it is close to fair then.

tilt/telescopic, with bucket seats and floor console in a C body.... I guess it was worth straightening the frame..

I'd like to find out the name of the stock paint... and if it had a vinyl top from the factory...

The numbers printed on the form above the "Build Code" area are the three digit sales codes. The codes you would find on an order form where you choose the options for the car. On the broadcast sheet, if the car has a certain option the third digit of the code would be entered on the sheet. In the case of 390, Dual Exhaust, the third digit of the code, "0", was printed in the box so the car was built with code 390. If the box was blank the car would have been built with single exhaust.

On the top row, just over to the right, there is a heading "27-29", which is for the paint codes. Below it is "MM", meaning the car was painted in code M for the roof and code M for the body. M is for Turbine Bronze Metallic, Chrysler engineering/parts code BAY2K6. The box headed "30" is for a vinyl roof. And as nothing was printed below the "30", the car was not built with a vinyl roof.

For the Build Codes, I suspect the codes are for bin or rack numbers, and not part numbers. I have rarely found the build codes line up with part numbers. The people on the assembly line would note which bin/rack the part required is locate and grab what was needed. Much quicker than trying to locate a part number.

Nicely optioned car, though!

BUILD CODES contain a combination of part numbers and assembly codes. Things like REAR SPRINGS, SHOCKS, RADIATOR HOSES, are the last two or three digits of the PN.

A collection of individual parts that were pre assembled before installation (ENGINE, AXLE, STEERING COLUMN) and installed as one unit will carry an assembly code.

Back