Grant steering wheel install

Furyos George

Reaction score
Has any one installed a grant classic wheel on thier c body before? Id like to hear from any one who has, as i am very confused by the instructions that came with my wheel.Cant seem to figure out how the new boss kit connects to the horn roller on a spring

thanks
Justin

Has any one installed a grant classic wheel on thier c body before? Id like to hear from any one who has, as i am very confused by the instructions that came with my wheel.Cant seem to figure out how the new boss kit connects to the horn roller on a spring

thanks
Justin

How did the Grant steering wheel install go?

It went just fine. once i got the correct boss kit it was only a 20minute job. The wheel was quite a blond color to start with, but is starting to get a much nicer darker color with use

00650-7.jpg

Nice job. It's a simple application with a non-telescoping column. I found out with the expertise of Commando1 that I'll need to McGuyver the installation to make a Grant steering wheel work on a telescoping / tilt column.

I dont find the steering wheel on the right side annoying at all. It makes it easier to drive on the right hand side of the road. Also it is a point of difference at classic car shows, i am always asked at least once per show, "right hand drive? in an american car? where did you get that from?" or words to that effect. Then i get to tell the story that this car has lived in my town its whole life and has an interesting story.

Do you folks over there have any right hand drive cars on the road, any body convert cars to right hand drive to be different? you probably think thats a silly question, i only ask cause a friend had a fellow from USA buy his 56 Chev belair to import to usa cause it was right hand drive and he was building somthing different.

when we settle on what B-body we are next going to import, it will have the steering wheel on the correct (left) side.

Once in a blue moon I'll see a right hand drive in an American car magazine or at a car show. Not too often.

Back