Great news! I reacquired my old crew cab.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Some of you may remember I traded my beloved 1964 D200 crewcab for Virgil. It was 10 years ago after I had owned it for 12 years.
Well.... I have it back. My friend Jim took a few liberties with it, like swapping out the original tired 318 for a crate 360 and a couple other minor
changes. I get the original engine with the deal and it will eventually be rebuilt and swapped back in. He never did put much mileage on the truck.
A new set of tires, a complete brake job, a little work on the original interior and some serious detailing will whip him back in shape.

crewcab .jpg

crewcab 2.jpg

64 crew cab (Small).JPG

I guess the prudent thing to do is convert it to a dual master cylinder, although it has traveled over 170K with no failures. I have a new disc brake dual cylinder. Will see if it will work.

Originally had a treddle vac booster with separate brake cylinder mounted on the driver side frame rail. The cylinder leaked fluid into the vacuum chamber and I bypassed it long ago. Never seemed to effect pedal effort.

Will, what do you think about painting it the same two tone paint scheme as Virgil.
Would be a killer tow vehicle for Virgil.
After the dual master cylinder of course, lol.

great truck , i've got a few . but just one crew in that body type . love the type writer shifters , my 64 d100 and 57 both have that type shifters .

I guess the prudent thing to do is convert it to a dual master cylinder, although it has traveled over 170K with no failures. I have a new disc brake dual cylinder. Will see if it will work.

Originally had a treddle vac booster with separate brake cylinder mounted on the driver side frame rail. The cylinder leaked fluid into the vacuum chamber and I bypassed it long ago. Never seemed to effect pedal effort.
Is this what you’ll be driving up to Michigan for a visit??:)

I wanted that truck sooooo bad when you had it up for sale back then.

Wasn't this truck! I never did offer it for sale. Never would. Jim offered a few nice vehicles to trade, including a very nice, (and tempting), 67 Coronet 500 w/383. It was Virgil that spoke to me, My dream car, (another story).

Wasn't this truck! I never did offer it for sale. Never would. Jim offered a few nice vehicles to trade, including a very nice, (and tempting), 67 Coronet 500 w/383. It was Virgil that spoke to me, My dream car, (another story).

Same truck, guaranteed. Alabama, short crew cab, red/white. Absolutely the same truck. I guess it wasn't actually "for sale" at that time, but I can guarantee 100% this is that very truck. Either way, you have it back, that's cool.

okay , i've got the pics backwards , but here's 69 d200 crew running with a 440 727 transplant from a 70 nyr , here's what i bought as . and my 64 d100 typewriter has been transplanted as well 69 hp383 typewriter from a 64 nyr from a rr

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00898.JPG

DSC09262.JPG

DSC09263.JPG

DSC01381.JPG

DSC01048.JPG

DSC01384.JPG

00h0h_fsSM312BOVH_600x450.jpg

00p0p_77UbpCA1s9h_600x450.jpg

DSC07921.JPG

Back