Green Machine gets a roommate!!

Golden Banana

Reaction score
Hi again!
Just thought I'd share a little more news with you guys! I know a few of you saw the 70 car I saved from Seattle
and read that there was another one en route ....well here she is!

20150120_122118.jpg20150120_122138.jpg20150120_122148.jpg

As you can see its gonna be a Hurst Tribute car! but what I love about this deal apart from the car and all the parts that have
to make its final transformation (They are stuffed up to the roof and the trunk is bursting) is the friendship I have
made with the former owner Howard Stoll of Michigan ....I'm sure many of you are nodding in acknowledgment? right Jer? :yaayy:

It can be a difficult decision to not only buy a car that's 1000's of miles away from a complete stranger but also to try and
think ahead of yourself with things you will need to make it possible for you to complete the job when it arrives in your country.
Well I was fortunate to be buying a car from a gentleman who not only sent me 100's of photos, took trips into town
replacing tyres, windshield and other items but also put countless hours of work into the car on my behalf taking yet more photos
along the way ....and I'm not talking spark plugs (although he did that too!) I'm talking changing out a complete dash!!
instruments and all, interior, rear springs, brakes!! ....the list goes on ....I reckon if I'd sent him a few litres of spinnaker white he'd
of started up the compressor!

Well I speak to Howard quite regular and I'm going out to FL in April to meet up with him and his wife Becky to buy them a margaritas
or two and shake his hand .....I can't wait! ......a BIG thankyou to you sir! You have made this car very special!!

Thanks also to the C body forum for providing a network which allows this situation to take place :sSig_thanks: :sFl_america2: :yourock:

20150120_122118.jpg

20150120_122138.jpg

20150120_122148.jpg

That's amazing, congrats! I look forward to seeing a lot more of this one.

Good for you! Your collection has grown a lot lately!.

Good for you! Your collection has grown a lot lately!.

....Yeah! by about 37' :annoying_dancer: ....I think I'm ticking off by bucketlist early and working through them slowly!

I will keep you guys posted as I go through these cars! ....I just have one more to collect!

That's a cracker I think you should start the Kevin Arthur Daley american car lot of Birmingham :eek:s_dancing2:

That's a cracker I think you should start the Kevin Arthur Daley american car lot of Birmingham :eek:s_dancing2:

Heh! they're keepers Alex! You should see the state of my house after emptying the white one!! like a scene off hoarders!!
....come on Alex git urself a C-body and join in the fun!!

Congratulations, but you need a vert to complete the set! :3gears:
....Oh crikey! don't get me thinking!! .....to be honest I prefer the rooflines on the 2dr hartops ......here in England we don't get the top down much either!! he heh!

When I am ready Kevin I will give you a bell so you can keep me right you obviously know the pitfalls and the good bits best of luck with all your cars cheers:icon_sunny:

Congrats glad it made it to you across the pond all safe and sound.

Congratulations Kevin !

Nice addition to the collection
Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow

Carsten

Back