GREEN MACHINE!! She's arrived!!

Golden Banana

Reaction score
Well I've obviously been a good boy this year cause Santa dropped me off a late present!

You might recall me posting the CL link to this car way back ......and then someone recalled the thread saying the price was reduced!
......you might remember I then jumped on it!! crazy to think I paid for this car mid August and due to some paperwork red tape and shipping delays ....and a stretch of sailing across the Atlantic ....Christmas closing at the docks warehouse etc ......I finally have it at home!

I gotta say its a lot better than I first thought, only a few pinholes in the lower fender bottoms, the rear quarters are great!
Even the trunk floor is salvageable (ref recent thread) I got a black bucket seat w/console interior to drop into this car on the way so it could start looking really sweet fast when I get started on it!

Heres a few pics ........after a quick bath she started looking nice - and I like the colour!!! :yaayy:

IMG_1037.jpgIMG_1038.jpgIMG_1039.jpg
IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

Congratulations !

I am happy you saved it while no one seemed to be interested in it.
I was scared some demo folks might wake up.

Enjoy !!

Carsten

Cheers Carsten!
Its a real solid old thing for a Washington car!
It would be nice to leave the paint original as its so straight, new carpet, headliner and a good scrub and it will look amazing, bumpers are perfect and the rear screen rust isn't so bad either ......needs a front screen mind .....and a set of roadies!!
Happy New Year mate!

Awesome !!!! Congrats on the safe delivery of yet another C-Body crossing the big pond.

Best of luck with it, Can not wait to see some additional pictures as time permits and of the finished project. :3gears:

Will keep you posted for sure, got another one coming in a week or so ....more pics!! :sFl_america2:thanks America my garage is full and I love it!!

I too am glad that one got saved. It was clear when that car was first posted that it was a nice one, but marketed poorly by the used car lot. If I didn't already have too many cars, I even considered saving it since I had recently sold my own 70 Newport Custom and was missing it. Those were truly quiet, smooth cars that you could enjoy very much as a daily driver. Show us some more photos of your 61 Polara when you get it over there. That one is really rare.

Thanks for the responses folks! I love these cars, I always wait outside for the transport truck to come up the road when I know its due, It makes me feel like a kid on Christmas eve every time - you cant buy that feeling!
I will keep you posted on the 61 Polara as I progress towards it in the coming year, I know its rare and will do it justice I promise, I think I might have to let one of my lil Ramblers go to make room for the Polara next year but when I look at my C's I know what I should be putting my time into.
Happy New Year to you all and :sSig_thanks:

Congratulations, that was a nice save. I'm glad it found a good home, keep us updated.

Thanks Polarus, I have to be honest this forum has been extremely valuable in aiding my addiction!! :yourock:

Big thumbz up Banana Dude. I wanna see pix of the side by side when the White one getz there. Happy New Year to you too Pal, Jer
Sure will Jer that'll be one for the wall .......Banana Dude! .....that's so funny! :eek:ccasion14: cheers to ya!

we are glad, we did a good job for your addiction:congratualtions:

Carsten

we are glad, we did a good job for your addiction:congratualtions:

Carsten

Indeed! getting high has never been so easy! ....just walking through my garage door and i'm up there!! ..... I love the small of cellulose in the morning!:annoying_dancer:

attachment.php

:laughing4: check out the size difference compared to the van

Back