H5001/H5006 Headlight Upgrades/Conversions

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Most C-Bodies have the same H5001/H5006 headlights that don't light up the road at night worth a damn. The Sylvania H5001XV and H5006XV bulbs really aren't any kind of improvement.

So has anybody here (or anywhere) come up with an upgraded headlight conversion or HID system that works?

They make a conversion with H4 bulbs for the 7" single headlights on Sabrina's d300. You get a glass housing that looks just like a normal sealed beam. On the back has a slot for the build, like a modern car. They are only around 40$ for a kit on summit. I'm sure they make the smaller bulbs for our cars too. I'll have to look.

They make a conversion with H4 bulbs for the 7" single headlights on Sabrina's d300. You get a glass housing that looks just like a normal sealed beam. On the back has a slot for the build, like a modern car. They are only around 40$ for a kit on summit. I'm sure they make the smaller bulbs for our cars too. I'll have to look.

Do you have a link?

That looks a kit that'll work. Thanks!

Sweet! That does look like a badass little kit. Just read a little more one it. No wiring needed. Has prongs on the back, that plug directly into the stock headlight plug.

Might pick up a set for the Monaco myself.

Can't beat em, join em! Everyone else on the road with their HID lights lmao.

Relay does sound like a good idea!

Holy ****! You don't want the 90/100's. Even on LO BEAM, every oncoming car is going to flash their HI BEAMS at you. Plus, you'll be blinding the crap out if everyone.
Double plus, they are totally illegal everywhere.

Do you mean like the way I'm being blinded by HID's now?

I won't do it. Yah, all the ricers blind the **** out of me with their Icey Whites (misaligned at that) but I would rather put a Darpa Laser up front and just disintegrate them and be done with it.

I ran them for about a month. It wasn't worth it.
On LO BEAM, I couldn't see because everyone was blinding me back flashing their HI BEAMS and the HI BEAMS were useless because the overshot the line of sight so bad they were onky usefull for duck hunting at night.

I purchased a pair of Hella Bi Focal low beams with 55w bulbs, and a pair of Hella H1 high beams with 100w bulbs. Also purchased a custom made headlight harness to protect that light switch made of unobtanium. Will install all of it when my body and paint is done.

Back